Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Just now, Ameritoon said:

Cant imagine being as confident in my recently promoted team as Forest fans were. What the fuck did they expect, especially with our form after January.

Looking at their forum and their 180 on us, I'd suggest they didn't watch any PL games last season.

26 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Anyway, now that's done; I really hope Forest have a good season, and make a fight of it (at least)

I do have a soft spot for them.

I wish nothing but misery on them, as my ex keeps trying to get the boy to support them

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Reading other forums to see how our performance was viewed and the overwhelming comment I see on every forum is "Why haven't Newcastle spent more this season/signed anyone?"

I know it's irrational but such musings piss me off. If we had spent money half of them would be fuming at us 'buying' success. :lol:

Proper fuck 'em all mentality only enhanced by a lovely, confident opening day. 

26 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Don't think much of that Brennan Johnson. Never seen a more invisible player. 

Is confusing me here, must admit I've had a couple.:lol:

8 minutes ago, wormy said:

I know it's irrational but such musings piss me off. If we had spent money half of them would be fuming at us 'buying' success. :lol:

Proper fuck 'em all mentality only enhanced by a lovely, confident opening day. 

I love it. They were all expecting us to spend like crazy so they could not give us any credit for any good play this season, but instead scream about Saudi riches.

Instead they will be forced to recognise the amazing job Howe and the players have done when we end up doing well this season without going mad in the transfer market.

Absolutely smothered them all game. 

Bruno and Joelinton are great. 

Really liked how we moved the ball around and got it to saint-maximin and Almiron in good areas. 

Only concern was our finishing was poor at times and Wilson seemed to be on his heels alittle too much today, especially first half.

But couldn't ask for a better opening day performance really from all involved.

44 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Don't think much of that Brennan Johnson. Never seen a more invisible player. 

Aye let's write off one of the best young talents after his first Prem game :lol:

Got to go back to when we did Stoke 3-0 in the season we finished 5th for the last time I’ve seen us that dominant at home.

Wilson looked a little unfit but still dangerous throughout. Pope had a couple of flaps. Other than that thought we were pretty much flawless. Atmosphere was great, ASM was absolute quality and forest could handle us from minute 1 to 90. 

Hot take - unless forest do something, they could be in running for a record low points total 

Not sure how anyone here could say a negative word about any of those performances today.- it was the first match of the season and we pummeled them. We suffocated and dominated and pushed and tried different ways to get that ball into the box. We were patient at times - working the ball around the box and trying to drive in and deliver crosses etc. 

Sure, a few rolls across the box to Wilson and we’d have been free and clear but the fact we are constantly and finally passing and moving is fantastic. Miggy is a fucking handful! Willock was floating all over the pitch and trying to make things work. Bruno and Joelinton were dominant. I loved the effort. We looked confident, the crowd did not get on their backs and get frustrated either. 

We’re going to be a force at home ffs.