Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

I still don't get how he's not entitled to his bonus? The contract stuff fair enough but he earned that survival bonus Imo. Palace scored big time, stayed up from certain relegation, maintained all the Premier League money, then also now get that bonus money back? Seems wrong to me.

I still don't get how he's not entitled to his bonus? The contract stuff fair enough but he earned that survival bonus Imo. Palace scored big time, stayed up from certain relegation, maintained all the Premier League money, then also now get that bonus money back? Seems wrong to me.

The deal was that he would get the bonus as long as he commuted to remain manager beyond the summer (defined as 31st August)

He supposedly has a run-in with the players on the 12th August.

On 13th August he asks for early payment of his bonus as he needs the money urgently to secure some property for his kids.

Then on 14th August he resigns.

No property was ever purchased. It was as dodgy as fuck.

The deal was that he would get the bonus as long as he commuted to remain manager beyond the summer (defined as 31st August)

He supposedly has a run-in with the players on the 12th August.

On 13th August he asks for early payment of his bonus as he needs the money urgently to secure some property for his kids.

Then on 14th August he resigns.

No property was ever purchased. It was as dodgy as f***.

In normal jobs your only eligible for your bonus if you're still employed by the company on that date. Presumably why he lied to get it early.

Tony Pulis ordered to pay Palace £3.8 million in compensation after fraudulently engineering his exit from the club. Ouch  :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/28/tony-pulis-accused-fraudulent-behaviour-high-court-judgment/

Palace additionally had telecommunications evidence, taxi receipts and rival statements to counter the claim, plus Parish was able to prove that he had a hairdressers' appointment that day.

:lol:

Keys – not quite yet the post-millennium leviathan “Keysey” – came with an avuncular face that vaguely recalled Bungle from Rainbow and suit jackets made from packets of the least desirable Opal Fruit flavours.

The 1995/96 season represents an accurate snapshot of the closing stages of the Proper Football Man era. All 20 Premier League clubs had a British manager, before the likes of Colin Todd, Frank Clark and Joe Royle were finally displaced by mysterious foreigners with their “pasta” and “ideas”.

:lol:

From Mediawatch :lol:

Harry Redknapp misremembers: The latest in a series

On Monday, Harry Redknapp realised he hadn’t said anything controversial for a few days and appeared on Talksport to make some headline-grabbing claims.

“I was managing a Tottenham team that I thought could go on and win the title, I genuinely believed that,” said Redknapp. “I took Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen on free transfers – we were short, we had injuries at centre half and I had no striker. If we had gone out and invested then… Luis Suarez was a player that we were looking at.”

Nice story, Harry. But you signed Louis Saha and Ryan Nelsen in February 2012. By that stage, Luis Suarez has been a Liverpool player for over a year. Oops.

Ignoring that gaffe, it’s interesting that Redknapp now blames Tottenham for not investing in Suarez when he was at Ajax, bearing in mind he said this in May 2011:

“We kept looking at Suárez but people thought he couldn’t play up as a striker. They said he’s like Rafa van der Vaart and you can’t have him and Rafa or you’d have two players who want to drop deep, so that was the problem. We were looking for someone to play up front with Rafa. People said he couldn’t do that, he drifts and comes deep. But he played up front on his own the other night and he was fantastic.”

And who were the mysterious ‘they’ and ‘people’ who were so wrong about Suarez, Harry? Your mate Tim Sherwood, that’s who.

Here’s Ruud Gullit in 2014:

“They came to watch him. I met Sherwood together with Les Ferdinand, they were Harry Redknapp’s assistants at the time and were also his scouts. They asked me all kinds of questions about Suarez, so I just point blank said: ‘You have to snap him up, without any hesitation, in a heartbeat.’ ‘Well, we’re not sure,’ they said whilst they actually watched him play.”

You can’t trust anyone these days.

What was that preseason tournament game where we drew on penalties? Listened to it on the radio, went to pens, was like 4-4 and the commentators were talking about who was going to take the first sudden death penalty, when the ref blew up, so there was then five minutes of them trying to clarify if that was actually the rules of the tournament and wondering why the fuck you would have penalties if the game could end in a draw anyway.

Hate penalties, like. Have we only ever won one meaningless one (Rangers?) and England only beaten Spain in 96 then got the fucking Jormans next game and they did us? Memory may be faulty. Knew we'd fuck it tonight, hit the bar, should have had a real pen too. Will laugh this off, but it's a pisser.

Hate penalties, like. Have we only ever won one meaningless one (Rangers?) and England only beaten Spain in 96 then got the fucking Jormans next game and they did us? Memory may be faulty. Knew we'd fuck it tonight, hit the bar, should have had a real pen too. Will laugh this off, but it's a pisser.

Beat Watford in the League Cup under Roeder, struggling to think of many more competitive wins on penalties.

Hate penalties, like. Have we only ever won one meaningless one (Rangers?) and England only beaten Spain in 96 then got the f***ing Jormans next game and they did us? Memory may be faulty. Knew we'd f*** it tonight, hit the bar, should have had a real pen too. Will laugh this off, but it's a pisser.

Beat Watford in the League Cup under Roeder, struggling to think of many more competitive wins on penalties.

Liverpool in the Centenary cup at that there Wembley I think ?

Was that the last one we'd even competed in before tonight?

Yep. According to .com we've played 9 competitively and that's the only win.

04.11.1971 Pecsi Dozsa - Fairs Cup (McFaul)

05.09.1979 mackems - League Cup (Hardwick)

22.01.1992 Bournemouth - FA Cup (Srnicek)

17.01.1996 Chelsea - FA Cup (Srnicek)

11.11.1998 Blackburn - League Cup (Given)

06.11.2002 Everton - League Cup (Harper)

27.08.2003 Partizan Belgrade - CL Qual (Given)

08.11.2006 Watford - Carling Cup (Harper)

30.11.2016 Hull - EFL Cup (Sels)

Then England:

West Germany 1990

Spain 1996

Germany 1996

Belgium 1998 (King Hassan Cup)

Argentina 1998

Portugal 2004

Portugal 2006

Italy 2012

So 2 out of 17 between England and NUFC. Almost impossible statistics, failure stretching across various different squads/generations.