Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 hours ago, gdm said:

I'm convinced Souness attempted something similar to the Forest routine during his time here but can't remember the game (he wouldn't stand for the handholding in the video, real men don't hold hands with anyone ever)

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Ben said:

Holy shit 

My heart bleeds for the poor blighters… nah that’s a disgrace and why the game is fucked!

Ownership is just broken, as is the integrity of the competition in general. Even having a good owner isn't a solution, it just means you're benefiting from the shite situation rather than being screwed by it. 

Obviously the sport is too far gone now, so at least having a good owner helps you to compete. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What does that picture mean? 

They're just painting over the top of a dilapidated part of the stadium (OT is dropping to bits a bit like SJP was under Ashley) instead of cleaning it, a bit like with Ashley just painted the brickwork around the SBR statue black instead of just cleaning the mildew and shit off of it.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

I understand the urge to laugh at a failing Man U and I will certainly still do it myself (fuck Froggy). But I still don't begrudge their fans for wanting better. They really are just doing an upscaled Ashley.

But I repeat; still gonna laugh at them while it happens.

The Glazers are shit and shouldn't be anywhere near football, but I'll still find it funny for the most part because I've completely bought into the theatre of football as a spectacle. Man United along with Chelsea and Real Madrid are my chosen panto villains because I've chosen to specifically laugh at the plastics who are only fans of those clubs in the first place because they wanted to take glory out of something that's not their's. For the Glazers, it's just money instead of glory. 

They too have no true affinity or local connection with the club in the same way that the Glazers don't. They've always been the willingly ripped-off, spoilt brat consumers the likes of the Glazers treat them as so long as they were getting their taste of personal victory from something they have no connection with.

I'll still bemoan the whole system and the way things are going and how we're all being turned into consumers, but you can still find it funny where you can.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Finding it funny is pure schadenfreude and football tribalism but both don't mean you can't understand where Manchester United fans are coming from. Biggest football hate of mine is when pundits, other fans or people who know next to nowt about clubs other than what's said by Sky, BT or MOTD pundits tell fans about said clubs what they should expect or something that they all dislike is great. We've had it for years regarding Ashley, Souness, Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce and Benitez on the other side of the coin given that we adored him. This board is guilty of it as well mind, especially regarding Everton and Benitez. 

But as a result the defence of the Glazers in punditry and online grates on me as the defence is coming from people who've just looked at the top line, fucked the context off and made their judgement off of that. Do your research or get to fuck.

10 minutes ago, McCormick said:

As shit as they are now, they’re so big that they’re only one or two good summer windows away from being back up there. It’s fair enough to have a nice little giggle now, while we can.

Exactly this. I mean, it’s not like they haven’t been throwing money at it for a while. Sooner or later they’ll stumble across a good manager and/or DOF. The one hope is that they’re still mediocre by the time their next sponsorship deals etc come due. For now, their income is still enormous.