Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Guest neesy111
2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I know it's what Moshiri is asking for, not necessarily the value but £500m for them is ridiculous, unless I'm missing something  

Especially if it doesn't include the new stadium.

9 hours ago, neesy111 said:

The issue isn't the EFL, the issue is with the administrators.  

I think Ashley will wait till the very last second and buy them for peanuts, probably even take a 15 point reduction for next season.

16 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What is it with these US owners, really strange how there's an influx all of a sudden.

They have taken notice of the popularity of the sport, and also how the popularity of the sport in growing in North America. They also know that MLS teams are light years behind the revenue streams of European clubs.

5 hours ago, Ben said:

I think Ashley will wait till the very last second and buy them for peanuts, probably even take a 15 point reduction for next season.

I’m not sure it will work. The administrators are apparently playing hard ball over their fee’s, which is why it’s taking so long to come to agreements with interested parties, and possibly why Ashley was not made a preferred bidder and talks with him were stopped pretty early on, because no doubt he’ll be wanting to negotiate on their fees.

Apparently there is sense that the administrators are preferred to let the club go under, rather than not getting what they want. 

23 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61784848

No more throw ins

Kick ins instead. Whoever thought of this needs a kickin'

Its by far the most popular sport in the world and massive business. So by all means fundamentally change something that's worked so well for 150years to look like you do some actual work.

They tried this ages ago, was some piece, think it was Dover against someone, Don Howe was watching on and seen the virtue in it.  Looked, was and is ghastly.

16 hours ago, Stifler said:

Fuck me, I wonder if it’s the same consortium he made up to get people off Ashley’s back with a pretend takeover of us.

How long till he gets to writing an open letter to Moshiri?

Apple has sort of bought the rights to the MLS from next season.

You will only be able to watch MLS games via an Apple TV, although the majority of matches will require an MLS subscription, some games will be shown on Apple TV free for Apple TV+ subscribers, and a small amount free for anyone to watch. It’s rumoured to be both for USA/Canadian rights, and the international market.

Also, more interestingly, it will do away with local blackouts.

8 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Apple has sort of bought the rights to the MLS from next season.

You will only be able to watch MLS games via an Apple TV, although the majority of matches will require an MLS subscription, some games will be shown on Apple TV free for Apple TV+ subscribers, and a small amount free for anyone to watch. It’s rumoured to be both for USA/Canadian rights, and the international market.

Also, more interestingly, it will do away with local blackouts.

Partridge shrug and all that.

Had the weirdest dream this morning that I pulled my phone and dialled some random number, got through to Paul Dummett who said “yeah c’mon over..”

When I got there he was in a dark room down a rabbit hole of some RPG (oblivion maybe) game on xbox, he still lived at home with his parents and there was some sort of geordie Kirk from Coronation St as his brother.

He has no idea of anything going on at the club, including the players we were linked with and didn’t look at all bothered that he wouldn’t be getting much game time.

Then I woke up, no resolution to whatever the dream was about at all.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Had the weirdest dream this morning that I pulled my phone and dialled some random number, got through to Paul Dummett who said “yeah c’mon over..”

When I got there he was in a dark room down a rabbit hole of some RPG (oblivion maybe) game on xbox, he still lived at home with his parents and there was some sort of geordie Kirk from Coronation St as his brother.

He has no idea of anything going on at the club, including the players we were linked with and didn’t look at all bothered that he wouldn’t be getting much game time.

Then I woke up, no resolution to whatever the dream was about at all.

Well, I had a dream last night that Hristio Stoichkov was relaxing by the pool until he suddenly saw the xxx large lady that one of his men brought over. The next thing I was seeing was good old Hristo being all over her. 

(I've had Stoichkov in my FIFA team for a while now, so that might have been the reason why he was in my dream. As for the larger lady.... fuck off, I'm not into them. But Hristo is kinda big... so...)