Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Souness saying we should change the game to only allow 9 outfield players

I’d certainly cut it. Maybe to 10 initially but 9 would be fun. Think Van Basten suggested it a few year ago.

The same van basten that wants rid of the offside law. :lol: :lol:

Wonder how the game would be without it. The fear originally was always goal hanging.

Guest chopey

Was actually thinking the other day about really good players ending up at strange clubs

Davids at Barnet, Sol Campbell at Notts County. Cambiasso at Leicester was an odd one at the time

Ravanelli to Middlesbrough and Klinsmann to Spurs were game changes IMO for the English league.

Was actually thinking the other day about really good players ending up at strange clubs

Davids at Barnet, Sol Campbell at Notts County. Cambiasso at Leicester was an odd one at the time

Ravanelli to Middlesbrough and Klinsmann to Spurs were game changes IMO for the English league.

They really were. Bergkamp to Arsenal too.

Van Der Sar when he went to Fulham was really strange as he had accomplished so much leading up to that and was still young by keeper standards.

Yeah I thought of van der Sar today actually and Fulham was a strange move.  Mascherano and Tevez at West Ham was weird but that was obviously a bit dodgy.

Bolton having legends such as Hierro, Ivan Campo and Djorkaeff. Anelka going there too. Michel Salgado at Blackburn too

I remember when Chelsea got Gullit, Zola and Vialli all on frees when the Bosman ruling was still shaking out. Pretty sure it was before the Abramovich takeover too. Before that they were trash, with the likes of Dennis Wise and Mark Stein their stars...

I remember when Chelsea got Gullit, Zola and Vialli all on frees when the Bosman ruling was still shaking out. Pretty sure it was before the Abramovich takeover too. Before that they were trash, with the likes of Dennis Wise and Mark Stein their stars...

It was ages before then. :lol: We still had Keegan when those guys went there!