Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Aye wide forwards are counted as Midfielders.

Eden Hazard played a lot in a front 3 for Chelsea. But he's definitely a midfielder imo.  Same as Bernardo Silva.

So if they're midfielders, so are Mane and Auba who play the same position nominally but do it in a very different way.

I agree that it makes the third striker option less appealing.

So, about the situation brewing at Valencia. The local press is reporting that the club has told players it can't meet wage obligations for the upcoming season, and has offered the squad to pay them with promissory notes - which the players have refused unless they come guaranteed by the club ownership.

Club sources say the deal they proposed the players was just to reduce the club's financing burden, and that players will get their money as normal.

The club potentially faces relegation if wages are left unpaid.

37 year old former West Ham player Alessandro Diamanti has been named player of the year in the Australian A-League.

I’ve watched him a few times - he plays for my local club Western United - and while he is clearly a quality player, it’s a bit sad that someone who gets around as if in a wheelchair is the best player in the league...

Yes, le Fondre (33) has done very well at Sydney. One goal behind is Berisha (35).

On top of them both is very much the odd man out - a "prime-age" Australian international. He's not good enough for Europe, so he came home and starting playing and scoring.

There's so much wrong with our game - we import ancient players who light up our league and we thank them. Our teens leave for Europe and surface ten years later at... Sunderland, instead of actually playing and developing.

Like, I love Diamanti - he's our captain and agreed to stay on an extra year in a league where foreigners don't do that - but I'm also very fond of the U-21 international that also plays at #10 who rarely gets a kick. Of course, it's just as likely Pasquali will say in ten years "I owe it all to that one year I played with Diamanti" :lol:

(Soz all, despairing of our game. As you were)

Celtic fans still think they're a huge club which is the issue. Also the way they go on about 10 in a row like their only competition didn't go bust at the start of the run is quite funny

don't rangers bang on about their 9 in a row though, that they got by cheating to gain a massively unfair advantage and that ultimately led to them going bust :lol:

Guest neesy111

Nah the 9 in a row was years before all that as far as I know.

It was but think they were also cheating then but at least Celtic were still competition back then

Yeah, that was when they were using their dodgy tax schemes and also spending way beyond their means.

Apparently Celtic are selling Rogic to a Qatari club for £4m.

He must have gone completely to shit if he can’t get a game for them (and that’s all they can get for him, and from whom).

Has he really become awful, or has he stopped giving a fuck?

Nah the 9 in a row was years before all that as far as I know.

It was but think they were also cheating then but at least Celtic were still competition back then

Yeah, that was when they were using their dodgy tax schemes and also spending way beyond their means.

ah my mistake i thought the tax thing referred to near the end of the 9 in a row but it was not log after it :thup:

Ansu Fati and Adama Traore called up for Spain (it's a list with lots of youngsters, Luís Enrique has always said he doesn't care for the League of Nations and will use it to try new players). They will be the first players of African ethnicity to play for Spain.