Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Which ex-pro co-commentators and pundits do you people actually like?

I quite like Hoddle on commentary but I might just have a soft spot for him because he was so good at football. My favourite pundit, by some distance, is Roy Keane. He's 100% honest and it's funny watching Souness and Carragher look like naughty little bairns in front of him. I quite like Ian Wright as well. And his baldy mate.

McManaman, Savage, Sutton, Merson, Ferdinand, Collymore, Neville, Souness, Carragher, Owen, Jenas... knobheads.

Of the ex players who do punditry and comms, off the top of my head, I like McCoist, Neville, Carra, Alex Scott, and Ian Wright. Don’t mind Hoddle or Shearer and Keane is OK.

Embarrassing how bad the BT coverage and line ups are. Wall to wall knackers on the ex player front and Laurens and Gog are tossers too. Have to knock the sound off watching their Soccer Sat.

Savage is a complete mystery to me. Ubiquitous despite the fact that everybody hates him.

Part of the point isn’t though? Controversial/shit/troll points for social media engagement and numbers.

Still find it bizarre so many of the BT knackers are allowed to moonlight on the BBC.

Nobody's mentioned the worst one. Conversation on 5Live just now:

Steve Crossman: I'd written down the word 'ominous' as John Murray said it after 8 minutes, do you think Mikel Arteta will be quite happy to be 1-0 down at the break given the start Man City made?

Karen Carney: Ooh I dunno, I don't even know what that word means, I can't even pronounce it.

She's thick as a whale omelette.

Nobody's mentioned the worst one. Conversation on 5Live just now:

Steve Crossman: I'd written down the word 'ominous' as John Murray said it after 8 minutes, do you think Mikel Arteta will be quite happy to be 1-0 down at the break given the start Man City made?

Karen Carney: Ooh I dunno, I don't even know what that word means, I can't even pronounce it.

She's thick as a whale omelette.

You're right but apparently we're not allowed to say that, as any criticism at all MUST mean people are sexist.

I like Martin Keown a lot these days. Always thought Lee Dixon was good too. Wright and Shearer are obviously sound and I can just about get away with Carragher and Neville providing they're talking about anything other than Newcastle. Find Micah Richards tedious and think Jenas talks quite a bit of shite. Find Alex Scott talks out of her arse a lot n'all tbh.

Feel like Hansen was one of the very best and would still be totally relevant and good to listen to now, unlike his geriatric mate they - for some reason - still wheel out from time to time. Not really a pundit but I think Dan Walker is great and Mark Clemmit is a bit of a legend; his features on Football Focus about the Football League are invariably my favourite bits.

I've a lot of time for Hinchcliffe but that view might be skewed by his content on Set Piece Menu; he does cracks me up, like - I was pissing myself at his hypothetical rant a few weeks back, about recommending to Pep Guardiola that ManC should punt it out for a throw-in straight from kick off.

Surprised how many rate Shearer. I don’t like him at all as a pundit, especially as he has fallen over himself all season to back Bruce.

Keown used to be dreadful but has grown on me a lot. I agree about Carragher, I don’t always agree with him but you can see he researches his own opinions.

McCoist and Gary Lineker are good too. I also like the Micah Richards/Keane double act.