Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Does anyone here still watch any sky sports programmes bare the live football ? Can't remember the last time I watched soccer am, haven't seen Gillette soccer Saturday since last January and sky sports news i put on to find Gabby agbonlahor talking so binned that it's turning into talksport

I still watch the score updates when I can.

I have started watching the NFL, and also seen a couple of Newcastle Eagles games in recent weeks.

Does anyone here still watch any sky sports programmes bare the live football ? Can't remember the last time I watched soccer am, haven't seen Gillette soccer Saturday since last January and sky sports news i put on to find Gabby agbonlahor talking so binned that it's turning into talksport

Don’t watch it now - sometimes bt sport score and listen to the true geordies the kick off on twitch or via podcast sometimes

Sky sports news has been done for ages everyone knows the breaking news before them, I've just cancelled sky isn't worth it no more watching us

Maybe the lack of watching stuff like that is down to all the games being spread and 3pm not being what it was

I've just been watching Lee Clark on Wraith's podcast. He's achingly boring to listen to but I'll do him the favour of assuming he doesn't know how to break out of his media trained persona, like most footballers.

We also got a few "Y' knaos" out of him. Not quite as perfumed as Steve's accent but his tongue has been corrupted nevertheless. It seems all the geordie footballers try to talk posh: Shearer, Waddle, Dust, Gazza, Beardsley, Clark... And yet Ant n Dec and Cheryl have maintained their beautiful flat north eastern vowel sounds after years of living in London. Nee excuse, footballers.

WTF is that Saliba video all about ?

Bizarre.

This is what the people who we cheer on, admire and even glorify sometimes are up to in their spare time  :lol: I mean that was away with France U21's... some of the best young players in the world.

I'll be cautious in my admiration of football players going forward. Think I'll just support Miguel Almiron from now on, he's sound.

Guest neesy111

Could FFP be an issue? Bet UEFA wouldn’t dare exclude them from the CL.

It's been relaxed in any-case because of the pandemic.

Bizarre.

This is what the people who we cheer on, admire and even glorify sometimes are up to in their spare time  :lol: I mean that was away with France U21's... some of the best young players in the world.

I'll be cautious in my admiration of football players going forward. Think I'll just support Miguel Almiron from now on, he's sound.

Just saw why this is trending 😂

Why is that normal behaviour in that circle?

For anyone not sure what’s going on Saliba uploaded a Snapchat clip (I think) in a room full of dudes and one of the guys is on his phone, naked, having a wank and everyone is just cracking on as normal 😂

Bizarre.

Just saw why this is trending 😂

Why is that normal behaviour in that circle?

For anyone not sure what’s going on Saliba uploaded a Snapchat clip (I think) in a room full of dudes and one of the guys is on his phone, naked, having a w*** and everyone is just cracking on as normal 😂

That’s not weird. I’ve watched loads of videos like that.

Always had a soft spot for them since we got knocked off our perch by them in the UEFA cup. Then I met my wife who is from that area so I've been around the city a few times and been to San Memes. The cup loss was actually the ice breaker! Geographically, it's quite an isolated region and historically not too well connected with the mountainous terrain so there's a real sense of 'us against them' when it comes to the wider country, not withstanding the whole terrorist campaign that culminated in an MP being abducted and subsequently executed after their demands were not met (releasing ETA members).

Their ongoing footballing achievement of never having been relegated in today's world of football with their playing staff policy is nothing short of extraordinary. The type of video above just drives home that Basque-first mentality that gets hammered into them at a young age. My wife didn't learn Spanish until she was 9, and didn't even acknowledge that Spain is 'their country' till she was older and understood better. She was brought up to believe Basque Country, was exactly that, a country in its own right.