Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

https://theathletic.com/2391431/2021/02/17/does-allegri-still-appeal-to-big-clubs/

Great read. Would love him here should a good result from this arbitration bollocks comes and we have new owners, maybe even more so than Rafa.

I don't know enough about Allegri's teams, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone wanting to see a new manager come in if best case scenario happens re: takeover rather than trying to rekindle the past.

Me, I just want to be tenth and see Rafa place his glasses away in his top pocket every few weeks. I'd be a happy Newcastle fan  :lol:

https://theathletic.com/2391431/2021/02/17/does-allegri-still-appeal-to-big-clubs/

Great read. Would love him here should a good result from this arbitration bollocks comes and we have new owners, maybe even more so than Rafa.

I don't know enough about Allegri's teams, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone wanting to see a new manager come in if best case scenario happens re: takeover rather than trying to rekindle the past.

Me, I just want to be tenth and see Rafa place his glasses away in his top pocket every few weeks. I'd be a happy Newcastle fan  :lol:

They're just effective tbh, they win things. He's also proven he can build and rebuild a squad which as another reason he appeals to me. Will be gutted if ends up at a different PL club. :lol:

And I'd be dead chuffed if Rafa came back too, love the bloke and he clearly had a vision for this football club. Just prefer the idea of Allegri purely just because curiosity and the thought that you shouldn't go back. There's still thick bell ends amongst our fan base (nevermind the wider national picture) that buy the thought that he played shit boring anti football and a new name would probably get the entire fanbase united behind one guy. That may make Rafa appeal more to some like, proper siege mentality.

They're just effective tbh, they win things. He's also proven he can build and rebuild a squad which as another reason he appeals to me. Will be gutted if ends up at a different PL club. :lol:

And I'd be dead chuffed if Rafa came back too, love the bloke and he clearly had a vision for this football club. Just prefer the idea of Allegri purely just because curiosity and the thought that you shouldn't go back. There's still thick bell ends amongst our fan base (nevermind the wider national picture) that buy the thought that he played shit boring anti football and a new name would probably get the entire fanbase united behind one guy. That may make Rafa appeal more to some like, proper siege mentality.

Interesting. I hadn't considered this. Rafa coming back would add fuel to the current inferno. A new face who "deserves a chance" might be the best thing for all concerned. Although I think it would be difficult to construct an argument against Rafa's return whilst celebrating the takeover by [allegedly] the world's wealthiest murderers. But some will.

Why he chose Palace after PSG I'll never know. I know he quickly fell out of favour at PSG, and I didnt watch him there, but I assumed that was because they just went and spent again the next season and upgraded him. Surely when he was looking for options he had better offers than Palace?! Would be amazed if he couldnt have got a top 4/6 team at any of the big European leagues at that time. Palace seemed like a lazy decision. Probably well paid. London. Easy job. Lost the drive.

Cabaye’s retired. I feel old.

I think high definition has really messed with my time perception.

Show me a clip from the mid 90's and it's like 'yeah that was years ago', show me a clip of the 4-4 match and it only feels like it was a few years ago when in reality it was TEN FUCKING YEAR AGO, Christ.