Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Commercial usage, I guess. But aye, it's dumb and selfish. 

Commercial usage I understand but by sky/BBC/Daily Mirror etc having a man of the match make it commercial and not selling that phrase is it commercial usage ?

40 minutes ago, 80 said:

Fuck my eyes that's horrible. Had just assumed it was a ridiculous sex-neutral thing. Think this might actually be worse.

It’s abhorrent that people are allowed to trademark phrases that have been used in the common lexicon for years. Fair enough if they invent something themselves but this is shit. 

Spent my evening watching the 95/96 season review (So Close!) I used to watch that fucking thing every week on VHS :lol:

Been a while since I've seen it, was nice to dive into that nostalgia trip and remember just how good we were. Still hurts seeing us drop points after Christmas :lol:

Hope we can have something similar for the next generation of NUFC fans, except with a happier ending (a cup win or two).

Swiss Ramble (an Arsenal fan tbf) has done some educated estimating and reckons they should just about be OK under UEFA’s new rules. Seems like Arsenal have done the maths…but they’re walking a tightrope. It’s one reason why they really really need top four this year. An injury to Jesus and/or Partey could make things very interesting:

1 minute ago, OCK said:

Let's see if UEFA have the balls to do anything other than a suspended slap on the wrist. 

Don't think it's about having the balls to do something considering they have previously banned Man City who then got off on a technicality

29 minutes ago, triggs said:

Don't think it's about having the balls to do something considering they have previously banned Man City who then got off on a technicality

Their balls somehow disappear when it comes to tackling PSG, Barcelona and RM.

Edited by FloydianMag

9 minutes ago, triggs said:

Real Madrid seem to be sensibly run. When have they broken FFP? 

I dont know how they’re run financially in 2022 however you only have to google to find 4-5 years a go they were in massive debt yet still built galactico teams spending fortunes without to much involvement from UEFA and FFP.

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I dont know how they’re run financially in 2022 however you only have to google to find 4-5 years a go they were in massive debt yet still built galactico teams spending fortunes without to much involvement from UEFA and FFP.

They haven't built a galactico team in years. Being in debt isn't that important if you are able to cover it, Tottenham are the most in debt club in the world, I don't think that means UEFA should be sanctioning them

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Pre-FFP but the sale of their training ground was the biggest grift ever. Makes Everton’s covid accounts look gospel by comparison:

https://www.theversed.com/32754/real-madrids-success-was-expensed-by-the-spanish-government/#.9tzU2eEm35

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/amp/news/real-madrid-president-perez-needs-to-live-within-his-means-after-/pt5tjk35j60k19i9klnyz7g20

5 hours ago, triggs said:

There's a fair bit of talk around Man City having got off with it because they employed someone to investigate UEFA corruption.

Too much money, too much power. Doesn't help that UEFA are almost certainly corrupt as well like.

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a fair bit of talk around Man City having got off with it because they employed someone to investigate UEFA corruption.

Too much money, too much power. Doesn't help that UEFA are almost certainly corrupt as well like.

Watched that "Rise and Fall of the ESL"  documentary and couldn't help thinking that Ceferin had a whiff about him. 

How UEFA subsequently dealt with the scab clubs sort of confirmed it. 

Arsenals spending has been fairly consistent over the past 4-5 years at £120m to £150m.

when you consider that each year rolls on and off the same value of cost for a consistent annual spend the FFP rules are only in jeopardy with a drop in income. Basically their costs are not increasing with the outlay

Covid losses take care of the last 2 years of no Champions League but they will need a season of CL income you would have thought in the next year or 2