Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Not sure if it's just me noticing it more or what, but the amount of defenders I've seen in the last few weeks raise their hand appealing for offside and slow their run while play continues is mental.

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a fair bit of talk around Man City having got off with it because they employed someone to investigate UEFA corruption.

Too much money, too much power. Doesn't help that UEFA are almost certainly corrupt as well like.

might be common knowledge I’m not sure, but I know for a fact they’ve hired private investigators to follow potential new signings and do extensive background checks.

17 hours ago, Nucasol said:

This was over 20 years ago.

17 hours ago, triggs said:

They haven't built a galactico team in years. Being in debt isn't that important if you are able to cover it, Tottenham are the most in debt club in the world, I don't think that means UEFA should be sanctioning them

Exactly.

In recent years the biggest costs have been that stadium redevelopment that's likely to cost 800m euros but that's not a FFP consideration.

Interesting article in the Times today, about plans to reduce the amount of Uefa TV money automatically going to the 'big' clubs from European TV rights.

The plan from 2024 is that a decent chunk of that money (30% of it) is divided up based on a coefficient of performances from teams over the last ten years.

The idea being that there is a push by various clubs to reduce that link because it is, of course, unfair to smaller clubs and entrenches the advantages of bigger ones.

The example given was that if West Ham qualified for the Champions League this season, they would get £1m from that part of the TV pot. Whereas Man City, for example, would get £26.5m.

And when you put it like that, of course it's unfair, and should be changed.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Pretty sad that you've got a group with historically big names in Liverpool, Napoli, Ajax & Rangers yet unless something goes wrong, you know exactly how the group will pan out.

???

I know Rangers will be last and Liverpool probably wins but who's the obvious second?

On 24/08/2022 at 08:41, Likelylad said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/sin-bins-orange-fouls-football-problems-not-answer-1810443

I like Daniel Storey tbf but it made me laugh. One tactical foul from NUFC and it's time for a change in the laws. :lol:

Manchester City have been doing that for years under Pep and not a thing was said. Fernandinho was the master of it