Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Just watching a replay of the Man City match. It makes me realise how I hate match commentators these days. It's just endless clichés, very little actual insight.

"Isn't it amazing how the best players are good?" etc.

Edited by elbee909

54 minutes ago, elbee909 said:

Just watching a replay of the Man City match. It makes me realise how I hate match commentators these days. It's just endless clichés, very little actual insight.

"Isn't it amazing how the best players are good?" etc.

Sky did a championship commentary on Friday night and Neil Warnock joined them, it was a bit like the cricket where they are having a conversation about the game as its going on and it worked really well.

Are the Man Utd owners really that bad though. Yeah ok none of us agree with how they bought the club, but it’s not like they are Ashley and aren’t allowed to spend their own money.

The players who have been bought have largely been rated when they were bought. Pogba was classed as the worlds best CM at the time. Maguire was rated provided he maintained the form he had for England during the World Cup. Sanchez is rated as one of the best up coming talents. Even the managers have been highly rated, only Moyes wasn’t rated as highly. What he did with Everton was amazing though, and he was SAF’s choice.

Ok the stadium needs TLC, but has done for long before they came in.

If Man Utd’s players were performing as they should have been and been up there with Man City and Liverpool, no Man Utd fan would be kicking off. I dare say it, if it was Chelsea and Arsenal/Spurs at the top instead of Man City and Liverpool, then their fans would be a lot quieter as well.

It’s a bit of gut puncher that they claim they are really bad owners when all the clubs in Greater Manchester (Bolton and Wigan included) aside from Man City have well and truly been fucked over bad owners.

33 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Are the Man Utd owners really that bad though. Yeah ok none of us agree with how they bought the club, but it’s not like they are Ashley and aren’t allowed to spend their own money.

The players who have been bought have largely been rated when they were bought. Pogba was classed as the worlds best CM at the time. Maguire was rated provided he maintained the form he had for England during the World Cup. Sanchez is rated as one of the best up coming talents. Even the managers have been highly rated, only Moyes wasn’t rated as highly. What he did with Everton was amazing though, and he was SAF’s choice.

If Man Utd’s players were performing as they should have been and been up there with Man City and Liverpool, no Man Utd fan would be kicking off. I dare say it, if it was Chelsea and Arsenal/Spurs at the top instead of Man City and Liverpool, then their fans would be a lot quieter as well.

It’s a bit of gut puncher that they claim they are really bad owners when all the clubs in Greater Manchester (Bolton and Wigan included) aside from Man City have well and truly been fucked over bad owners.

It seems like the power vacuum that was left after Fergie went has turned very toxic with no one person in charge  that seems to have left little cliques. It's obvious to see that the players are an undisciplined bunch that are selfish wankers. They need a huge clean out.

Time to put my dinosaur hat on. Was watching the end of the Leeds game yesterday and since when has it been "Person of the Match"? Thought it was just the commentator being daft but then the on screen graphic said it too. 

Sorry if giggs :)

edit: might have been Player of the Match. 

Edited by Cf

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Sky did a championship commentary on Friday night and Neil Warnock joined them, it was a bit like the cricket where they are having a conversation about the game as its going on and it worked really well.

Warnock was great, he basically just told stories about how he had tried to sign every player on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Cf said:

Time to put my dinosaur hat on. Was watching the end of the Leeds game yesterday and since when has it been "Person of the Match"? Thought it was just the commentator being daft but then the on screen graphic said it too. 

Sorry if giggs :)

edit: might have been Player of the Match. 

You have to pay to use Man of the Match, so there's been a gradual change over to Player of the Game/Match for a few years now. 

https://news.sky.com/story/man-of-the-match-catchphrase-trademark-sold-10469445

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

They’re terrible. They know nothing about football and are taking money from the club. Even if they don’t need much more for transfers that money could be put in to infrastructure or community programs.

Yeah if you took back all their spending on players and spent it wisely they should be winning the league and champions league. The neglect of the stadium is criminal, and that debt may become an issue one day. The thing is I think signing players with big social media presence is part of the business plan, they want to make biggest social media engagement with signings to keep the money rolling in for marketing. I was reading about how their scouting department is actually big and they like to boast about how big a database of players they have, but then they ignore that completely so they're a total waste of time. Mentioned scouts watching teams feeling like doesn't really matter if they spot a gem nothing will happen, it's a weirdly pointless situation. Just sort of performatively doing what a football club should do and then trying to sign Rabiot instead (and then being shocked when he's a pain to deal with and they can't get it done)

The proof is in the pudding. They are terrible owners.

With mega resources - the team has been awful for over a decade. They've not put together a competent leadership and management framework.

You can't judge owners by £££ spent in the transfer market - especially when a club has significant revenue and spending power. Ultimately, you just owners by results and club stature. Since Fergie left, the club has gone backwards in every department.

Of PL club owners - Glazers would rank close to the bottom.

Man Utd, Everton, perhaps Villa are the only clubs with Owners / Leadership that have under performed. 

The Glazers seem to me to be absentee owners. They've put the wrong people in charge of the club and those people have made mistake after mistake, wasting a mind boggling amount of the clubs money, but the Glazers have failed to react and rectify the situation. I think they're very poor owners and Man U fans are right to want rid of them, they only lose me when they whinge about other teams having money to spend.

Guest HTT II

I’ve always said the likes of them and Roman are not the bad owners, but the likes of Ashley are, their only issue has been they recruited terribly on and off the pitch. 

Abramovich and the Glazers are not similar in any way, one bankrolled the club with a billion and the other has taken a billion.

Sad to see so many saying Man U fans have no right to complain when that was said to us for over a decade re Ashley.

19 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Have that:lol: such a pointless tackle. 

Even the commentators were shocked. 'pero, por que?' [emoji38]

I must be a right boring bastard but I just never find any of these type of horror challenge videos funny at all. Disgusting tackle should be 6 month ban as he's obviously done it on purpose 

17 minutes ago, Pata said:

Abramovich and the Glazers are not similar in any way, one bankrolled the club with a billion and the other has taken a billion.

Sad to see so many saying Man U fans have no right to complain when that was said to us for over a decade re Ashley.

They're not similar in as much as Abramovich threw £1.5B of his own wedge into Chelsea whereas the Glaziers have used Man United's own money to fund transfers. And lots of it. It's just hasn't grafted. They have, of course, taken shed loads out of the club for their own gain. 

Ashley,  for tax purposes,  put a £110m marker over NUFC &  didn't spend a penny. 

Hall and Shepherd didn't put a penny in either, bought players on future debt and left the club fucked making millions in the process. 

More like the Glaziers in fact only spent the clubs money/debt more wisely until it ran out. 

13 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I must be a right boring bastard but I just never find any of these type of horror challenge videos funny at all. Disgusting tackle should be 6 month ban as he's obviously done it on purpose 

He wanted to injure the opposition player.100%.

6 hours ago, OCK said:

You have to pay to use Man of the Match, so there's been a gradual change over to Player of the Game/Match for a few years now. 

https://news.sky.com/story/man-of-the-match-catchphrase-trademark-sold-10469445

I dont get how they could stop anyone using it, you just used it for example and if you aren't selling it its just a group of words than anyone can say or print.