João Pedro

33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm all for a bit of N-O bashing, but let's not pretend that Luke Edwards not being respected amongst our fans is an N-O thing or that it isn't without good reason - personal and professional. Even at talk ins and when he's a guest on podcasts you get the impression that even his fellow journalists find him insufferable.

He’s well aware he’s seen as the villain since his Steve Bruce defence as do his piers who play along with it. So again claiming that they all find him insufferable is another binary/extreme conclusion. Seem to recall him getting the job of thanking Eddie Howe at the end of the season from the other journalists and him being thanked by the club for his level headed reporting etc.

Anyway. After listening to the majority of you on here I’m fully expecting Pedro to be holding up the shirt tonight after his medical etc is completed with the deal being fully agreed yesterday. Don’t let me down FR fanboys ?

:lol: Do we have to pick a side here? Can't I say I find Romano an insufferable bellend with his catchphrase-driven 'reporting', whilst Edwards is a piece of trash 'journalist' who I'd be happy to never hear the opinion of ever again?

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

:lol: Do we have to pick a side here? Can't I say I find Romano an insufferable bellend with his catchphrase-driven 'reporting', whilst Edwards is a piece of trash 'journalist' who I'd be happy to never hear the opinion of ever again?

For sure. But one has better info than the other.

Here’s a question, I’m aware of who Romano is only through his tweets. Whether he’s a tap in merchant or whatever or someone full of shit like Luke Edwards is irrelevant.

If we only ever repost his tweets and never read any of his articles, how on earth do they generate income for him? Like what’s the point of it all?

Edited by Dr Jinx

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Here’s a question, I’m aware of who Romano is only through his tweets. Whether he’s a tap in merchant or whatever or someone full of shit like Luke Edwards is irrelevant.

If we only ever repost his tweets and never read any of his articles, how on earth do they generate income for him? Like what’s the point of it all?

As his social media following grows he gets invites to podcasts (some will be paid) TV and Radio Slots (again paid) and the more he’s seen and heard on TV and Radio the more he’s seen as credible and therefore his followers/social media grows even bigger…and so on and so on… Pretty straightforward ?

The more people you can reach and advertise what shows you will be on etc the more you asked on them to make the shows themselves relevant.

My friend had daughters trying to break into the acting/singing/dancing industry and along with talent the individuals social media presence was just as important as they knew they could reach more people advertising shows and tickets etc.

What a world we live in ?

Edited by LFEE

Just now, LFEE said:

As his social media following grows he gets invites to podcasts (some will be paid) TV and Radio Slots (again paid) and the more he’s seen and heard on TV and Radio the more he’s seen as credible and therefore his followers/social media grows even bigger…and so on and so on… Pretty straightforward ?

He was interviewed by Sports Interactive last year in London when they announced the new "Deadline Day" feature in FM22.  Thought it was interesting is all.

26 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He’s well aware he’s seen as the villain since his Steve Bruce defence as do his piers who play along with it. So again claiming that they all find him insufferable is another binary/extreme conclusion. Seem to recall him getting the job of thanking Eddie Howe at the end of the season from the other journalists and him being thanked by the club for his level headed reporting etc.

Anyway. After listening to the majority of you on here I’m fully expecting Pedro to be holding up the shirt tonight after his medical etc is completed with the deal being fully agreed yesterday. Don’t let me down FR fanboys ?

:lol: I said I get the impression that they do, which I do - whether they're playing along with the joke or not is by-the-by, the point is that the dislike for Edwards isn't an exclusively N-O thing. 

No idea why you're simping for him tbh, I think many wouldn't have a problem with him if despite being personally unlikeable he was a professional with a good track record, but he also has a very poor track record (The takeover, Bruce, Botman, Elneny, Nketiah, looking like Joao Pedro) which gives his arrogance that extra undeserved edge to it and makes the defence of him look a bit odd.

81 pages man. :lol:

Howe said "not entirely correct", in other words "its partially correct", which means we have pretty much agreed a deal.

Don't fucking worry, we will either sign him or we will move onto another target. There's only 9 days of this shit left, so don't worry it will be over soon.