João Pedro

Signing him on top of Isak would make sense now, given that Wilson has just broken down within his first three games. I'd be looking to transition Wilson out as a primary striker starting this season.

I imagine the plan was to sign Isak next summer and we just moved it forward once the Wilson injury happened and our lot came to realize that he is never gonna be dependable.

If so, surely Pedro and Isak being in the same squad eventually was the plan so not sure I see why this would be off unless there really is a cash flow or FFP worry.

Part of me expects us to just absolutely drop trou and sign Isak, Pedro, Paqueta and Diaby over the next week and just fucking yao face the whole thing.

Bruno

Paqueta          Joelinton

Diaby                                      ASM

Isak

That as the eventual first choice midfield would be the fucking tits.

Wilson, Pedro, Almiron and Willock as the non-useless reserves.

Fuck it, let's live a little :lol:

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looking at Whoscored, Isak played mainly as a CF. Pedro seems more from the left?

Very similar to Isak though in that’s he’s not a typical no. 9 and can be deployed anywhere across the front 3. Hope I’m wrong but they seem too similar for us to be getting both.

Edited by McCormick

3 hours ago, Emotic said:

Signing him on top of Isak would make sense now, given that Wilson has just broken down within his first three games. I'd be looking to transition Wilson out as a primary striker starting this season.

Yep, as if we don’t sign him we are back in the position of having Wood as our only back up striker, for the next month anyway.

My guess is the club are waiting for another club to agree a fee for Paqueta and establish basic demands and if it’s doable then we go for him over Pedro late in the window and don’t get rinsed with the Newcastle tax and for once become the hijackers. If However Lyon stick to the £50m fee and we think it’s not good value then we will go for Pedro gambling that he’s not gone elsewhere as Watford ideally want straight £30m rather than £25+5m. That’s the way I see the plates spinning.