João Pedro

At some point we're going to have to pay what a club wants, or run the risk of massively delaying our 'project'. FFP excuse is a weird one considering Forest don't even have a shirt sponsor,  but have no trouble hoying cash around left right and centre. 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You have to wonder how much of this is us trying to get a player we want and how much of it is showing off and hammering home that we won't go beyond our valuation of a player.

NUFC: "This is our valuation of your player, we won't pay beyond it."

Selling club: "Oh, is it? What a shame. Now fuck off."

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

NUFC: "This is our valuation of your player, we won't pay beyond it."

Selling club: "Oh, is it? What a shame. Now fuck off."

I mean in terms of letting everyone else know as well. Liverpool did the same thing for a couple of years and walked away when clubs tried to get them to pay daft amounts.

It's difficult to hold a club to ransom when they'd rather not sell anyway.

"I know you said you want £40m, but if you don't take £25m we'll walk away, we really mean it!"

"Erm, bye then?"

It's not a tactic that's likely to have a great deal of success. As we're perhaps finding.

You have to at least make the selling clubs have a decision to make. Offering way below the asking price or going rate then walking away just makes us look a bit amateurish more than anything. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

We are proper shitehouse in the transfer market now. 

Will you take 17m?      

No.. absolutely not 35m.

Here is 20???

:rolleyes:

Think it's time to avoid this thread, the posts are getting more frustrating than the supposed bids that everyone believes from unreliable sources.

Edited by elbee909

I like our undercutting policy, as previously stated. We aren't getting taken for a ride and its important to set up how we get treated in the transfer market going forward. Probably should have written Shitehawk instead of Shitehouse. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I mean in terms of letting everyone else know as well. Liverpool did the same thing for a couple of years and walked away when clubs tried to get them to pay daft amounts.

We’re not being quoted daft amounts though, that’s the frustration.

If Leicester were asking for £100m for Maddison, or Watford wanted £60m for Pedro, I could understand this point of view.

The reality is the valuations that selling clubs have allegedly put forward all seem fairly reasonable.

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Definitely wouldn't go anywhere near that far. Very good first half and second half he wasn't great, then picked up a bit, then missed a decent chance.

Where he's picking up the ball looks like the problem, but he looks like a very good dribbler. He didn't look like he was playing at CF at all, more LW and then RW.

Good. I'm hoping we see him more as a wide man rather than an out and out striker, because otherwise my guess is if he's seen as a striker that would mean we weren't confident of getting Ramos.

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

We are proper shitehouse in the transfer market now. 

Will you take 17m?      

No.. absolutely not 35m.

Here is 20???

£20m for a totally unproven player is not really a shitehouse offer tbh. Has anyone else offered even close to that much? I get the feeling Watford will do a deal after a bit of haggling. He still looks very raw from what I've seen, similar to Bamba Dieng. It's all potential, but could just as easily turn out to be a kid who has some nice tricks but can't finish for shit.

6 hours ago, Izakaya said:

At some point we're going to have to pay what a club wants, or run the risk of massively delaying our 'project'. FFP excuse is a weird one considering Forest don't even have a shirt sponsor,  but have no trouble hoying cash around left right and centre. 

forest in the situation we were after the takeover as they'll have been making losses in the champo most likely, they can spent whatever they're doing now but if they try and repeat every window they'll be absolutely up shit creek in terms of ffp

why do people find this hard

Football has changed now 

Premier league teams don’t have to sell if they don’t want to 

The tv money has meant a lot of teams can afford to keep their best players and pay them well.

or….they can set ridiculously high valuations for them and wait for teams to match it 

Years ago you could just raid smaller premier league clubs for fun but know things have changed with all of the shared TV money 

You would of thought someone like James Ward Prowse would of moved years ago but seems content at Southampton unless someone comes in with a stupid bid. 

Same with Anthony Gordon / Everton demanding 50 million for a player that has played one half decent season in the premier league 🤣

Edited by JonBez comesock

So predictable to see the self-entitlement of our fanbase reach record levels since the takeover, despite seeing levels of investment on and off the field unheard of in 15 years and the fact we have been told the blueprint of the Clubs operating philosophy is a slow burn, but it’s still not good enough for some. 
we’re operating as a competent,competitive premiership club for the first time in a decade. Our reputation (as seen by the forest fans forum) is still that of a lower PL club.

I’m thankful for where we are and happy to watch the transition take place in line with the plan. 

Edited by RS

If we are still under Ashley we won’t be bidding 20m for Pedro, we would be bidding 2M for someone from Danish League.

To be honest I find it quite difficult to determine the “going rate”. Say for Pedro, an unproven player with potential, what’s the going rate? 20m? 30m? 40m? Probably the reality is it doesn’t matter - it just depends on how much the other club is willing to bid, hence why so many clubs and agents trying to initiate a bidding war

50 minutes ago, RS said:

So predictable to see the self-entitlement of our fanbase reach record levels since the takeover, despite seeing levels of investment on and off the field unheard of in 15 years and the fact we have been told the blueprint of the Clubs operating philosophy is a slow burn, but it’s still not good enough for some. 
we’re operating as a competent,competitive premiership club for the first time in a decade. Our reputation (as seen by the forest fans forum) is still that of a lower PL club.

I’m thankful for where we are and happy to watch the transition take place in line with the plan. 

It's depressing and putting me off a little tbh.

6 hours ago, Jaqen said:

You have to at least make the selling clubs have a decision to make. Offering way below the asking price or going rate then walking away just makes us look a bit amateurish more than anything. 

That's only ever really happened with Maddison though. It's perfectly normal that a buying club will come in with a lower offer and the clubs will meet in the middle.