João Pedro

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

He didn’t he said the deal was in play and talks were ongoing from his last conversations with sources 10mins prior to his tweet. He’s proven to be correct.

The irony is the ones who whinge about Edwards are the closest to being like Edwards himself with their arguments 🙂

My take is it’s very close. Player wants to come. We want the player even more so due to Wilson going for a scan and Watford more keen to sell now that Sarr deal has fell through and he’s shown interest in resigning. Won’t get done for Tranmere but hopefully done in time for Wolves.

Just put the pieces together. It ain’t rocket science 🙂

You seem to be taking the criticism of Edwards to heart a bit like :lol:

He gets stick because he’s antagonist and comes across as arrogant. It’s canny funny seeing him being contradicted in about 20 minutes.

The main point is that Romano is accurate and tends to only stick his neck out when he’s pretty sure. Edwards is dismissing it along with other mainstream journalists, it seems daft given what happened with Brighton/Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Craig Hope saying Everton prepared to match our bid for JP.

Nice one Craig. Now Luke will chime in to tell us Stevie G is ready to swoop and take him to Villa.

Don’t think there’s much likelihood he’ll go to Everton unless they offer him a huge increase on what we’re offering, which isn’t that unlikely because they’re an absolute clown operation over there. If he did go to them it would be another relegation battle season

Just now, Minhosa said:

Presume Everton are looking at him due to the potential departure of Gordon? In which case, they'll have more money to throw at him, you'd think?

They already offer bigger wages than us, I reckon they offer him a stupid amount to sign 

Could be a leak from Watford to try and get us to up our bid and quickly wrap it up.

Could be genuine interest as a replacement for Gordon from Everton. They will try outbid us with the available cash they now have, can offer Pedro guaranteed starting time too.

Interesting to see how this develops but with the Wilson Injury Scan we desperately need a striker through the door

17 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You seem to be taking the criticism of Edwards to heart a bit like :lol:

He gets stick because he’s antagonist and comes across as arrogant. It’s canny funny seeing him being contradicted in about 20 minutes.

The main point is that Romano is accurate and tends to only stick his neck out when he’s pretty sure. Edwards is dismissing it along with other mainstream journalists, it seems daft given what happened with Brighton/Chelsea.

Not at all 🙂 Just think he gets unfairly criticised. It’s always binary these days with people. No middle ground. TBH not sure why I try to defend him on here as NO by and large seems very binary on the media along with players performances.

Like I stated though. He hasn’t been contradicted and on this occasion that is all that matters yet you and others can’t accept it. He might be wrong in past or in future but generally he reports with balance (and doesn’t confirm anything with a good deal of certainty) except when he defended Steve Bruce where he got sucked into the trap you are all now. Which I’ve always stated in the past.