Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

15 minutes ago, 54 said:

Love that from Pep, when asked if that was horrible "Yeah but we don't play alone, they have quality players too", then asked the reporter if he enjoyed the game, reporter said yes, and Pep essentailly said "My work here is done" :lol: 

Love Pep hate Klopp

Eddie's god

Edited by jack j

16 minutes ago, 54 said:

Love that from Pep, when asked if that was horrible "Yeah but we don't play alone, they have quality players too", then asked the reporter if he enjoyed the game, reporter said yes, and Pep essentailly said "My work here is done" :lol: 

Fair play, he gave us full respect for that performance. We deserved it, but not every manager is big enough to admit it.

Today was a tremendous demonstration of why we must keep hold of ASM. Once we add more quality and teams can’t marshal him as closely as they may like to he’s going to be lethal. He had Walker looking like he’d been on the meths.

Just now, Menace said:

Living proof we can match anyone on our day. Defence was ropey but it'll come with time 

To be honest, our defense has been class for the better part of a year now, think it was just one of them days where you play such high quality opposition. Big difference is that normally under previous managers there'd be a big fat zero next to our name. 

Just back from match. What a great game, stressful like, great atmosphere. I imagine it was entertaining from the neutral's point of view. 

Thought Pope was class. ASM the best I've seen him play for ages. Great free kick from Trippier (had no doubt it would end up in the net).

A point is the least the lads deserved. Onwards and upwards. :indi:

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

Living proof we can match anyone on our day. Defence was ropey but it'll come with time 

Tbf - Man City are just different class.  All their players are constantly on the move, and you have a master lock picker in KDB.  I think the 1st goal was poor but the second two were just brilliant movement from City.

Just now, Caleb70 said:

Just back from match. What a great game, stressful like, great atmosphere. I imagine it was entertaining from the neutral's point of view. 

Thought Pope was class. ASM the best I've seen him play for ages. Great free kick from Trippier (had no doubt it would end up in the net).

A point is the least the lads deserved. Onwards and upwards. :indi:

Quite possibly ASM’s best game for us,considering the opposition.He looked more like the player we all want him to be.

Well boys, just finished watching the match. What a game! That was one of the best matches I've seen recently anywhere. Normally blowing a 3-1 lead would lead to despair but against this lot who likely are the best team on the planet I'm pretty happy.

Edited by McDog

31 minutes ago, Emotic said:

The claim was that he’d picked up a knock, but more likely Guardiola had the nous not to use him and let him get Pickford-ed by the home crowd. Not like they’re short of good reserves to bring on.

TBF, Silva was exceptional today. Grealish is a snivelling little drug driving nonce who has never really looked like he fits in with City's attacking force.

I think Guardiola did the right thing shelving him today - as you said, he'd have been Pickforded and been made to look even more of a bell end than usual. Shame, really.

On the council taxi home. Point was right result tbf, what a game and incredible we took it to them for 90 mins . So proud of the club. Fucking great day, I'm pissed , HWTFL :indi:

Not to go over the top but that was an utterly corrupt performance from the ref. Wanted every possible margin to go in Man City's favour.

Makes the lads holding out for that point even more admirable. Can't fault any of them one bit. Man City definitely stepped it up a gear in the second half and some of their passing around the box to get through our defence was sublime.