Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

55 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Bring on the radio Newcastle highlights - can’t wait to hear them go bananas over our goals. 

More looking forward to hearing Ando from the Miggy miss before our first goal :lol:

Did anyone else see the antics of the Man City support staff member. 

As soon as they equalised his first reaction was to turn round and bait the Newcastle fans. 

He did the same when Trippier was first shown his red card and again when it was overturned. 

Numerous fans told the stewards what was going on but they kept saying 'we know'. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Never thought I’d gobble a mouthful of spunk after a 3-3 draw at home, but today it happened 

The fact that you gobbled it does suggest that you were always reasonably keen, to be fair.

I suspected that Pope was an upgrade, but I didn’t realize he would improve us that much. Good saves throughout, but his sweeping up the mess created by Burn in the last ten minutes was brilliant.  Allows us to commit forward. Great signing.

27 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Was that when Schar went down? That'd have been very soft like. Not heard more of it since it happened.

Aye, Stones absolutely clatters him and is nowhere near the ball. Stonewall penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Aye, Stones absolutely clatters him and is nowhere near the ball. Stonewall penalty. 

The irritating thing is that if it was outside the box you know the ref would give a freekick for it. So how is it not a pen?

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I suspected that Pope was an upgrade, but I didn’t realize he would improve us that much. Good saves throughout, but his sweeping up the mess created by Burn in the last ten minutes was brilliant.  Allows us to commit forward. Great signing.

Following up instead of editing…

Our back line is so calm now. No more panicking. I don’t think last weeks line clearances happen with Dubs in goal.

2 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I remember reading on here many times in the Bruce era that the top sides were playing a different sport to us, well not anymore they don’t.

I didn't see their game against West Ham, but remember reading that City were just all over them. Compare that to today, City will have felt this was as tough a test as they will come up against all season in the PL. 

Atmosphere was absolutely immense.  My ears are still ringing and I'm already getting hoarse. We have a gilt-edged oppertunity here to really challenge at the top end of the table,  I really hope that the club capitalise on this. But I know for sure we are in safe hands.

Really should proof read my posts.

Edited by Schecter

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

Atmosphere was absolutely immense.  My ears are still ringing and I'm already getting horse. We have a guild edged oppertunty here to really challenge at the top end of the table,  I really hope that the club capitalising on this.  But I know for sure we are in safe hands. 

I love this post for so many reasons! 🙌😂😂😂

Without a takeover that match represents the PL at its worst. A rank, almost certainly a boring cake-walk for Man City whose own fans are sitting up there bored at another 4-0 watching people coming on just for a 'run out' whilst we slump in our chairs overwhelemed with the inevitable pointlessness of watching Gayle come on for the last 10minutes to replace Carroll.

Told you it made sense Masters.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Atmosphere was absolutely immense.  My ears are still ringing and I'm already getting horse. We have a guild edged oppertunty here to really challenge at the top end of the table,  I really hope that the club capitalising on this.  But I know for sure we are in safe hands. 

During that spell when we were comfortably the best team on the pitch, the atmosphere even came through on the tele as being something else. Said to the stepson that I really wish we could have been there, and despite being very very not interested in football (I'm fucking working on it!) he agreed. 

17 minutes ago, Tisd09 said:

Regarding Stones foul in the box, whilst I agree it’s a foul I think if we concede a penalty for that we are probably going mental 🤔

I wouldn’t have.Stones looks straight at the ref after committing the clear foul.He knew is was a foul because he made no attempt to win the header.