Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

first half showed we can compete against the best in the world

second half showed that we can only do it for about 45 minutes

seems to be a solid starting point to argue for further strengthening in what's left of the window. and i think the regime would be receptive to it tbh.

Felt like the 4-3 against Man United. They'd just got Veron and Van Nostrilboy and were intimidating where were very iffy the pervious season. Same amount of nerves, not counting my chickens at all and just appreciating the buffer at 3-1. Knew we'd improved after that and must have got confidence for the rest of the season.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Felt like the 4-3 against Man United. They'd just got Veron and Van Nostrilboy and we were very iffy the pervious season. Same amount of nerves, not counting my chickens at all and just appreciating the buffer at 3-1. Knew we'd improved after that and must have got confidence for the rest of the season.

Yep, we’d finished 11th the previous year too - like we did last season - and finished 4th that season

And that’s the last time I’m putting ‘4th’ into a sentence with us in it, it’s only August, don’t want to get too carried away :) 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

The heart is back and beating strongly in this club of ours. 14 years of piss-taking are banished forever into history. 

Manager and coaches care. Directors care. Players care. Fans care. Here is the outcome - and it's only the start, me bonny lads n' lasses! 

Get strength in depth and we'll really enter this new era that we're currently on the threshold of. 

As someone else said, the real test is Tranmere... ??

I can't wait for the Wolves game after this. We don't need to fear anyone. Just impose our game and go for it. 

Hope we get the additions, because its subs thats our weakest point. 2 or 3 attacking players will be transformative.

I'm thinking we could make 5-7 position this season with a couple of reinforcements. Our bench looks a bit thin still to sustain that type of performance over a whole season 

Edited by OverThere

1 minute ago, BennyBlanco said:

My best mate who's a die hard blue has just text me "Bloodied our nose there, not many will come up there and give you a game on the back of that showing, hopefully the start of some very good el cashico's".

Think that's fair enough.

:smitten:

Fantastic game, I would say one of the greatest ever in Premier League history. 

ASM with two assists and also won the free kick for the other goal. Easily his best ever performance for us. Pope was exceptional too. Coming after Brighton last week, I think there must be some Fortress St. James magic going on as well.

Onwards and upwards!