Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

The good times are here to stay like, what an amazing game from us. My heart sank at six minutes but the belief in this side, the quality of coaching and tactical input alongside big Jow, Trippier, Bruno, Pope and Maxi. Really special core to this side now 

7 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

My best mate who's a die hard blue has just text me "Bloodied our nose there, not many will come up there and give you a game on the back of that showing, hopefully the start of some very good el cashico's".

Think that's fair enough.

I'm overseas right now, and I watched it in a pub with four city fans. There's a big mutual respect right now; Man City won't come away from many places relieved to rescue a point.

2 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Fucked off we didn’t win tbh. An average side brought a good side down to its level

That's really how you saw the game? :lol:

Urgh.

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Brilliant by KBD though

Yeah. I love Burn but I thought he switched off a bit. 

There was a deflection though so it was just a bit unlucky. 

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Very proud. We wanted a team that tried and now we have one and more.

Yup. We have a team, and crowd with belief we can give anyone a game. Haven't felt this for years 👍

3 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Fucked off we didn’t win tbh. An average side brought a good side down to its level. 

We're a good side, not wrong to say it. Aye not the best squad overall but a good 11 who can give anyone a game.

Paraphrasing Howe's Sky interview:

Said we had the worst possible start against City. 

Full credit to his players today for how they performed. 

We brought physicality to the match, wanted to make them uncomfortable and get the crowd in the match. Wanted City to leave thinking they'd been in a game. 

Pressing high is a balancing act, because 2 or 3 forward passes in a row and you're in trouble but have to credit the team they did it very well. 

We switched off for a couple of moments and got punished, rode our luck a little bit but also a constant threat. 

Shown we were capable and gave our best physicality. Technically we're improving, must do it on a consistent basis home and away. 

Proud of Miggy every time he puts on the shirt, lovely touch from the supporters (the flag). 

Edited by HawK

Guest HTT II

Says it all that I’m gutted we didn’t win, we were great going forward and went toe to toe with them, defensively we could have done better, but we were 3-1 up against the Champions. 

Just now, OpenC said:

What happened to dear old Jack Grealish then? Injured or just not deemed worthy of going up against Almiron in the end?

The claim was that he’d picked up a knock, but more likely Guardiola had the nous not to use him and let him get Pickford-ed by the home crowd. Not like they’re short of good reserves to bring on.