Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

You know what’s great about this draw, our players look disappointed here coming off. The change in them is immense. Such a winning mentality now, they even look disappointed when we draw with the best team in the league. Well done every single one of them.

Really felt for Howe that when City were on the ropes he didn’t have anyone on the  bench worth bringing on to make a difference. Another speedy winger to double up the ASM threat on the counter as Man City attacked would have been great as would a defensive midfielder to come on in place of Willock. They really need to bring in 2-3 first teamers by deadline day to do this progress justice. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It was at Ritchie coming on to what I thought was going to be LB. Thankfully I was wrong :lol: 

I thought that was the sub too. Sent shivers down my spine :lol:

Good performance with a few mistakes that cost us the win but not complaining as we usually lose to Man City. If we could sign a striker, right winger, and a centre mid we could have a really good season.

This result and performance now sets the bar for the season. The lads now know how good they can be. The confidence they'll take from this going forward will be immense. We'll be afraid of no-one. HTL

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Hate to even mention it after a wonderful display, but these next 10 days or so in the window are crucial now. Anything is possible this season if we manage to bring in a couple more.

Aye, we'll be adding to a forward thinking squad, such a difference to adding to hold water.