Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

It was this time last year when he pulled out their squad with a slight injury

Aye think so. But i don't think he has even trained in Sweden this time and the possible niggle he has he got with us beforehand.

7 hours ago, McDog said:

https://theathletic.com/4941850/2023/10/09/alexander-isak-game-changer-west-ham/

“We just didn’t have much rhythm in the game, we were missing chances to penetrate them centrally,” said Howe. “And the idea there was just to give Alex a different view of the game, try and get him at the full-back and try to get Elliot to come a little bit deeper and help our midfield.

“It had limited success. I’d say maybe we’re slightly better off for the change, and then we flipped them back in the second half.”

Compared to Wilson, Isak gives Howe freedom in the tactical game of chess. If Wilson is a rook, his 31-year-old legs restricting him to straight line bursts, Isak is a queen, multifaceted in the danger he poses to defences.

But Howe never makes minor tactical tweaks.

25 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Glad he got a break it is very important for us. I saw the TIFO analysis yesterday and it says only Bruno and Isak can go in to the PSG team.

Enjoy him while we have him here. He is different than what we have.

Whoa whoa whoa. It’s going to take a lot of money to get him and plus he’s got a platform here to go on to achieve anything he wants. 

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

Glad he got a break it is very important for us. I saw the TIFO analysis yesterday and it says only Bruno and Isak can go in to the PSG team.

Enjoy him while we have him here. He is different than what we have.

A bit over the top. Yes he has scored 6 goals, but he hasn't been that much involved in every game, and in some games he never looked like a threat on the ball. Probably been carrying a bit of an injury, but I don't really think he's that much better than players like Botman, Bruno, Gordon and Trippier right now. Surely Botman would go into that PSG team?

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

A bit over the top. Yes he has scored 6 goals, but he hasn't been that much involved in every game, and in some games he never looked like a threat on the ball. Probably been carrying a bit of an injury, but I don't really think he's that much better than players like Botman, Bruno, Gordon and Trippier right now. Surely Botman would go into that PSG team?

Botman didnt play hence they didn't mention him but yes he is better than Gordon or Tripper when you compare his talent and where he could go from here.

I dont think he is leaving anytime soon but he is of the jewel in this team.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Not ‘that much better’ than 3 extremely good players. Interesting.

Why take it out of context? I was replying to a comment that seemed to think that he was miles above the rest of the team, because that would be the only reason we would need to "enjoy him while we have him" as if he's literally Mbappe or something. Even said "he's different from what we have". So yes, I actually had to point out that he's not. And no, I wasn't saying that to criticize Isak, don't worry.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

• 2 weeks later...