Alexander Isak

Disco

16 minutes ago, Menace said:

Could've had a hatrick and a few assists alone today

He did say that in his interview, they asked if he was disapointed about coming off with the opportunity of getting a hat trick, he said i had my chances to get a hat trick so thats on me.

Bloke is pure class.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

People putting Wilson in their starting lineups over this dude man. :lol: 

Granted a lot of them also had Longstaff over Tonali in their lineups too so obviously wronguns. 

Nah that was people predicting Eddie would ease Tonali in as he did with Bruno and Botman.

18 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I hate discussing player values, feels proper reductive. But this lad is conservatively worth twice what we paid and is up there with Osimhen, even though they're not quite the same type of striker. 

I said recently that if he stays fit this season he will show that he is utransferable, because it would take impossible money.

Which striker has his mix of height, speed, strength, balance, dribbling, technique, finishing and ice cool composure?

Just needs a full season and the numbers that come with that.

Our recruitment has been bonkers and shows no signs of slowing down.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I said recently that if he stays fit this season he will show that he is utransferable, because it would take impossible money.

Which striker has his mix of height, speed, strength, balance, dribbling, technique, finishing and ice cool composure?

Just needs a full season and the numbers that come with that.

Our recruitment has been bonkers and shows no signs of slowing down.

Good summary. Amazing to me that the big clubs in Spain weren't on him more, despite 21/22 not being his best statistically. Can't believe the talent and ability he has, huge asset this season and with a proper pre-season and no lingering injuries, his potential is frightening.

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Nah that was people predicting Eddie would ease Tonali in as he did with Bruno and Botman.

Guilty as charged, extremely glad Eddie knew way more than I ever could - not being on the training pitch day in day out. Genuinely thought the game against Villa in yankland showed how far he might be away from adjusting.

Glad I was utterly wrong. That was his debut! How good is he going to get? Hope Bruno doesn't get his nose out of joint ;)

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Good summary. Amazing to me that the big clubs in Spain weren't on him more, despite 21/22 not being his best statistically. Can't believe the talent and ability he has, huge asset this season and with a proper pre-season and no lingering injuries, his potential is frightening.

I'm forever grateful they all dropped the ball man.

You just had to watch how slow a tempo Sociedad played to see why he wasn't more explosive there. They just didn't get the ball forward to players in space like that.

Everytime you'd see him for Sweden in a more direct team, he looked an absolute terror.

Just a perfect fit for a more open fast paced league and style.

28 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I hate discussing player values, feels proper reductive. But this lad is conservatively worth twice what we paid and is up there with Osimhen, even though they're not quite the same type of striker. 

I was thinking that when he was doing the Sky interview. If he's scoring goals like that, every top club in the world will be after him. It's not like it was a fluke, we saw similar outrageous stuff last season as well. I can't even imagine the thought of losing him.

3 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Jeez, this forum certainlyy points out who's glass is half full and who's is half empty. First thought you come up with is SHIT! what if we lose him?

Rather than we are one of the best teams in the world?

All sorts of thoughts went through my mind while watching that interview. I also thought we are one of the best teams in the world, but then I also thought what if some team offers him 300k/week? That's not to say we would sell, or that he would want to leave, but it's naive to think there won't be teams watching thinking they'd like a bit of that. He's world class.

Ashley era still hasn't worn off on some people and it's understandable. People forget we are the richest club in the world and will only get better and better. The days of selling our best assets and signing jack colback are gone.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

but then I also thought what if some team offers him 300k/week? That's not to say we would sell, or that he would want to leave, but it's naive to think there won't be teams watching thinking they'd like a bit of that. 

Well its only Real Madrid who could buy him outside the PL and they will probably get that french fella

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I'm going to go ahead and call it.

If he stays fit and plays here for another three years, he'll come to be known as the best player NUFC has ever had.

You might well be right.  It feels like a privilege watching the lad play.  I still can’t fathom watching a player this good in B&W.