Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's a long-legged loping runner, they can cover ground brilliantly. I should know. 

It works the opposite way for Fraser. He has really rapid acceleration, but even at full speed he can only cover a certain amount of ground quickly before being caught by those with longer strides.

He was absolutely immense yesterday, no fear and really dangerous and to say he's not even up to speed with the squad yet nor played with the likes of ASM and Bruno I'm really excited for when everyone is fit, think he's going to tear it up this season.

7 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

He was absolutely immense yesterday, no fear and really dangerous and to say he's not even up to speed with the squad yet nor played with the likes of ASM and Bruno I'm really excited for when everyone is fit, think he's going to tear it up this season.

Bruno through balls to Isak :smitten:

Think his game is going to really suit the PL. Much fast pace, games get more stretched, giving him more opportunites to get in behind to go one and one with a keeper. His second 'offside' goal shows he has insane levels of composure. 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Bruno through balls to Isak :smitten:

Think his game is going to really suit the PL. Much fast pace, games get more stretched, giving him more opportunites to get in behind to go one and one with a keeper. His second 'offside' goal shows he has insane levels of composure. 

Worked with Torres, who said similar about the English game. So fingers crossed! 

9 hours ago, KaKa said:

I have seen a decent amount of Isak, and I have not known him to be someone that misses easy chances at all, but maybe you have more knowledge on that.

Mainly though, I am looking at the technique that he strikes the ball with, and the calm way he does so. Never rushed or snatching at opportunities. Those are hallmarks of an ice cold finisher.

Aye, He's definitely clinical. Like his opportunity you mentioned above, his focus was on getting the ball between the sticks, he just hit it too high. Possibly in that situation you want him to be less clinical. A wide effort that stays low has the possibility of taking a deflection. But I'd take his clinical finishing over Murphy any day. I didn't compare him to Wood as I don't think I've seen him even try a shot.

5 hours ago, Adam P said:

How do Isak and Wilson fit in the same team? Looked like an out and out striker last night. Replaces Almiron in our first 11? 

You should see him playing off another front man, dropping into holes picking up the ball and running at players with it. He is just as devastating doing that, especially as he has a lethal long range shot.

Anyway, tired of discussing his versatility and all around game. Folks will see it for themselves soon enough.

5 hours ago, Adam P said:

How do Isak and Wilson fit in the same team? Looked like an out and out striker last night. Replaces Almiron in our first 11? 

So now we are expecting Wilson to remain healthy? He's already missed 40% of the season with injury. I know it's early but that is the point too; it's early and he is already out.  Isak is his replacement. Would not be surprised to see us sell him and replace him with a younger player next summer, especially if that younger player can move out wide. 

6 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's a long-legged loping runner, they can cover ground brilliantly. I should know. 

4 hours ago, TRon said:

It works the opposite way for Fraser. He has really rapid acceleration, but even at full speed he can only cover a certain amount of ground quickly before being caught by those with longer strides.

In laymans terms its like the difference in running style, exertion and yardage between the Queen Alien and a face hugger

3 hours ago, dave s said:

I can’t wait to see this fella in our fully fit first 11 

Trying saying that after a few :lol:

Seriously though, I think i'm going to enjoy watching this lad every single game he plays, watching his movement, enjoying his skill, footwork and finishing. He looks absolutely fantastic on a few hours training, with a new team away at Anfield, the mind boggles what he might do in a fully fit team with time.

Don't know what I was expecting but was impressed by his presence (made them nervous), harrying and the comfort of the two finishes, doing the right thing and lifting them but doing it with a Tino-esque ease.

That was a debut at the 2nd toughest place there is to go with 6 first-teamers out.  Bodes well and whets the appetite.  Already looking forward to more against Palace tbh

Edited by Wolfcastle

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This wouldn't have been possible if Ekitike hadn't of turned us down. Cheers Hugo.

I believe he tried to sign but his fingers broke when he applied pressure with the pen. Overly spindly fingers.