Alexander Isak

Disco

3 hours ago, TRon said:

Especially when it wasn't.

No. It was a shoulder.

But here's the thing. With the technology at their fingertips, can they not isolate incidents like this where the player doesn't use the bit of his body that is offside. Like how a back pass isn't illegal unless the keeper picks it up? Obviously if his head is offside and he scores with his head, you can say he gained an unfair advantage, but what advantage was gained in this instance.

4 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Not saying the VAR are 100% accurate but it wasn’t given initially and wasn’t clear and obviously wrong, so it shouldn’t be overturned. I think people forget that when they see images like that and the initial reaction is to slate VAR. No VAR and it’s still not a goal. If you want that overturned, then so should all those marginal offside calls the other way be overturned. 

Saying that, he’s sick. 

It should never have been flagged offside in the first place. Linesmen are instructed not to flag when it's tight in case a goal is scored.

VAR manually drawing lines to try to back their linesman just makes a bad situation worse. Both are guessing, which is clear from the VAR images.

31 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Had him in FF before he even had a work permit :aww: 

Though slightly worrying that he has a injury warning ‘Dead Leg - 75% chance of playing’? 

I came in to post the same thing - our injuries just keep coming at the moment.

Wow, he looks the real deal, calm, cool, collected and deadly. So strong, quick and dynamic too. He looks a bit awkward off the ball, and then when he’s on it he looks so technical. Deceptive pace too, looks like he’s taking things easy and slow and then bang, he’s past a quick player like Gomez for example as if he wasn’t there. Battled for every ball too. We have a player here!

17 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I came in to post the same thing - our injuries just keep coming at the moment.

Things will calm down - no League Cup until November means non-Europe teams will be able to prepare better in the week than the 7 in Europe. West Ham have a European tie the Thursday before we play them whereas we have 8 days after the Palace game to recover and prepare.

That strike for his disallowed goal was pure quality btw. Beat two men, then powered it into a part of the net the keeper couldn't reach. 

Both strikes where inch perfect, and he had no doubt with where he wanted to put it. Not sure even Wilson bury's both of them.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

That strike for his disallowed goal was pure quality btw. Beat two men, then powered it into a part of the net the keeper couldn't reach. 

Both strikes where inch perfect, and he had no doubt with where he wanted to put it. Not sure even Wilson bury's both of them.

Yup, he is a high level finisher. The way he took those two goals man.

And finally ... we have a player that uses their instep when striking the ball too, for those more controlled and placed finishes. He's going to score a filthy curler from outside the box at some point. Had a chance on one early on but was under a bit of pressure and so sent it high. It's coming though.

Too many of our other players look to put their laces through the ball all the time, particularly ASM.

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Showing as injured on Fantasy Footie site (dead leg 75% chance of playing). Anybody know anything? Selfish take, I know, but can’t believe that it’s my first game in ages and at this point Wilson, Bruno, ASM, and Isak may all be missing.  

He said himself it's just a bit of a bruise and isn't a problem. I don't think it'll be an issue. I think there is a good chance Bruno will be back too this weekend I think?

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yup, he is a high level finisher. The way he took those two goals man.

And finally ... we have a player that uses their instep when striking the ball too, for those more controlled and placed finishes. He's going to score a filthy curler from outside the box at some point. Had a chance on one early on but was under a bit of pressure and so sent it high. It's coming though.

Too many of our other players look to put their laces through the ball all the time, particularly ASM.

You say he is a high level finisher. He can score great goals but he also misses quite a few easy ones which he has got criticism for during his career. Different times now and I’m sure he will do well with a fresh start. The young man is talented as hell. And as a Swede I’m super happy to have him onboard. A lot more focus will be on Newcastle now over here because of him. 

Just wanted to mention this so that people know. And not get too carried away. Especially when saying he is this and that based on very little. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

You say he is a high level finisher. He can score great goals but he also misses quite a few easy ones which he has got criticism for during his career. Different times now and I’m sure he will do well with a fresh start. The young man is talented as hell. And as a Swede I’m super happy to have him onboard. A lot more focus will be on Newcastle now over here because of him. 

Just wanted to mention this so that people know. And not get too carried away. Especially when saying he is this and that based on very little. 

You Edwards in disguise? 😉

Just now, Ikon said:

I have seen a decent amount of Isak, and I have not known him to be someone that misses easy chances at all, but maybe you have more knowledge on that.

Mainly though, I am looking at the technique that he strikes the ball with, and the calm way he does so. Never rushed or snatching at opportunities. Those are hallmarks of an ice cold finisher.

5 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

You Edwards in disguise? 😉

:lol: nah mate.

I’m happy and excited as fuck about him. As much as anyone. I just think the way people talk about players on here sometimes based on very little can be a bit misleading. Not so much in this particular case maybe but just in general.

Can’t wait to see more of him 🇸🇪

Edited by Ikon

Also I like the age we are getting him at, he has done a huge lot of development elsewhere and now ready to come into him peak, similar to buying a Shearer from Southampton instead of when he’s at his peak from Blackburn. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I have seen a decent amount of Isak, and I have not known him to be someone that misses easy chances at all, but maybe you have more knowledge on that.

Mainly though, I am looking at the technique that he strikes the ball with, and the calm way he does so. Never rushed or snatching at opportunities. Those are hallmarks of an ice cold finisher.

Was thinking the same thing, it was more the manner of the finishes.

There’s so much obvious about him at first sight. His understanding and movement when it comes to football is something that can be missed, and I can’t praise it enough. Already when he came through and started playing senior football it was insane how advanced and mature he was when it came to movement and his understanding of the game. I can only imagine Bruno’s through balls with him up front. I’m sure they will have an amazing understanding as well as the ability to execute it beautifully. Match made in heaven. Not just when there is space like for his second last night, but also those short through balls Bruno plays into the penalty area. Isaks acceleration and movement combined with his ability to turn a player or three in a tight space. Horny.