Alexander Isak

Disco

33 minutes ago, Beth said:

Yes, because they're not taking the piss like are they.........

Their whole channel seems to be wind up merchants

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

What a post :lol:

At first I was like wtf is this post, but then a bell rang when I realised that it was from around the time when we signed him I think :lol: (I hope that’s what I meant) 

Edited by Ikon

First time visiting Newcastle for awhile so got to witness this live (what a day 󠀠)

But I actually thought his general player was poor at times. Seemed to lose the ball alot and struggled with any physicality. 

But then when we played to his strengths and he gets into that left channel cutting in. Just ice in his veins, you never doubt for a 2nd that he's gonna score. 

He's an absolutely class player for sure. His finishing is absolutely top class. His movement and pace is top class.
I do agree that his touch was slightly off yesterday - the ball over the top from Barnes (?) in the first half you'd have bet your house that he'd bring it down and score as well as the second time he had Van Der Ven on toast and Udogie got across to block the shot. Absolutely adore him though. This team man. :smitten:

Probably the best finisher in the league. 

The player we cannot afford to lose the most by far, hardest to replace with their not being a massive choice of excellent strikers right now.

Arsenal Mania spent their whole match thread saying he'd walk into their team in more than one position, but the savvy ones acknowledge that even they can't afford him. It's not just us lads who thinks he's special.

2 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

He’s gonna’ want a new contract isn’t he, and he’s probably going to want to be our top earner. How high will we go?

Through the roof and into the sun, whatever it takes 

You run out of superlatives. The finishing ability, the composure, the demeanor, the way he blends into the team and provides more than just pure finishing, the fact that he seems to love it here, there's not a better fit for us on the planet. No point in debating whether he's a top (x) striker in the world, he's 1 of 1 for us right now. 

And he's not Shearer, but that's OK. No reason to ever compare the two.

5 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

He’s gonna’ want a new contract isn’t he, and he’s probably going to want to be our top earner. How high will we go?

Is it feasible that his wages go so high they leave the atmosphere ?   

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

what would people make of us  just bringing in maybe only one new player for a fee if it meant keeping 39 and 14?

I think keeping our main guys has to be the priority.

Get a free signing that covers multiple positions e.g. Lloyd Kelly, who fills in at left back and centre back. And then bring Minteh back.

Then try and find a couple of shrewd signings at around £30 million each.

If we can do something like that, that would be my preference I think, and would hopefully mean, no key player sales.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

what would people make of us  just bringing in maybe only one new player for a fee if it meant keeping 39 and 14?

Yeah pretty content with that. One proper signing plus wheeling and dealing as outlined by Kaka re: Kelly and Minteh is perfectly acceptable to me and we could have a very good season that way.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

I would be. We’ve got a good team if we can have them all fit at same time to choose from.. the question that’s been raised this season is strength in depth though.. keeper, centre back, and centre forward because wilson is never fit.. i suppose midfield needed cover this season at times but tonali was signed to address that 

2 hours ago, huss9 said:

We need 2 money signings, a keeper and a centre forward.

We might be able to get away from a freebie at the back and go with Schar/Burn/Newbie until Botman is back