Alexander Isak

Disco

16 minutes ago, Sima said:

Press not allowing any good player or manager to be away from their beloved top six shocker.

The sport must be such a boring thing to follow to these people. Just a few proper football clubs and the rest are feeder clubs.

Just now, Mattoon said:

The temerity of Arsenal fans is unmatched, just going to casually buy Isak for £80-100m no questions asked :lol:

The fact they did the same with Rice last year is probably why they feel so entitled. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

The fact they did the same with Rice last year is probably why they feel so entitled. 

It'll take the GDP of a small country to even turn our heads

I reckon we would sell at £120m-£140m. His book value is down to £40m and would be looking at £80m-£100m book profit.

Arsenal doesn't have that FFP bandwidth though.

Even £100m doesn't help us with FFP substantially.

Bruno is different. His book value is far lower so would mean a bigger FFP profit at £100m compared to Isak at £100m.

Didn't Rice only have a year or so left on his contract ?. Seem to remember he did so West Ham had no choice but to sell really . We hold all the cards with Isak and I would be astounded and also disappointed if we even entertained an offer for £100 million . It would basically mean we have no intention of trying to close the gap on Arsenal.

Edited by Geogaddi

Shouldn't be asking anything below something crazy like £160m, a massive 'get fucked' price.

There isn't many quality strikers out there, he would be the hardest player to replace for us by an absolute mile.

I’m increasingly of the opinion that neither Bruno or Isak are going anywhere in the summer.

Their contracts are long enough there’s little risk to their value. I reckon the club will want to give it one last heave and see what we can achieve in a season without a freak injury list before we do any trading.

Hasn't Isak got four years left on his contract?

I also think the transfer clause in Bruno's contract will make us even more reluctant to let any other big hitters go. What if we sell Isak for £100m, then at the last minute Real Madrid come along and activate Bruno's clause? 

I wouldn't blame Arsenal (or anyone else) for asking the question but I think for what we'd want they'd look elsewhere for £20-50m less (Toney, Osimhen etc)

5 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Hasn't Isak got four years left on his contract?

I also think the transfer clause in Bruno's contract will make us even more reluctant to let any other big hitters go. What if we sell Isak for £100m, then at the last minute Real Madrid come along and activate Bruno's clause? 

I wouldn't blame Arsenal (or anyone else) for asking the question but I think for what we'd want they'd look elsewhere for £20-50m less (Toney, Osimhen etc)

Good shout.

With Isak, unless the player is pushing a transfer, its not going to happen.

By all accounts he's happy and settled and although it may be naive of me, I don't think there are enough "pull" factors in Arsenal's favour.

It'll either by headline filling or Arsenal trying to unsettle him, or a bit of both.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

With Isak, unless the player is pushing a transfer, its not going to happen.

By all accounts he's happy and settled and although it may be naive of me, I don't think there are enough "pull" factors in Arsenal's favour.

It'll either by headline filling or Arsenal trying to unsettle him, or a bit of both.

Where i'm at as well. He doesnt strike me as the character to force a transfer unless its to a truly elite club, not Arsenal.

On 14/04/2024 at 01:26, Pilko said:

Agbonlahor and O'Hara on Talksport (yes, I know) saying either Villa or Spurs will come in and get him for £60m in the summer :lol:

Sounds about right, find a generationally talented striker who's scoring at a better per-minute rate than Haaland and sell him at a loss after 2 seasons.

TBF that's just bad journalism. Talk Sport bosses must have really low standards.

3 hours ago, Mattoon said:

The temerity of Arsenal fans is unmatched, just going to casually buy Isak for £80-100m no questions asked :lol:

It's like grocery shopping to them.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

3 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Less years left on their contract and a player who wanted to move too tbf. Ithought Arsenal were up against the limits of ffp too?

3 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Less years left on their contract and a player who wanted to move too tbf. Ithought Arsenal were up against the limits of ffp too?

They are meant to be but they have players who they can offload for decent fees ESR probably being the prime candidate. 

Also the new FFP rules are great for Arsenal when they come in. 

To be fair, their wanting Isak (because of Henry) is like us wanting Paqueta because of Bruno

It's not really grounded in reality, it's just what the fans want

The reality is the club probably can't afford it. 

Isak is up there with Osimhen, Mbappe, Haaland as the most expensive strikers in the world. 

Osimhen may be up for sale this summer - that's it as far as the uber elite go. 

£150m is the starting negotiation price, but in reality will be higher than that as they will have to "come up" from there in negotiations. Arsenal, you ain't got the money, so fuck off.

On 19/04/2024 at 09:14, Mattoon said:

It'll take the GDP of a small country to even turn our heads

More worried about his head being turned. Here’s hoping he is truly happy here and confident of our continued growth. 

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

More worried about his head being turned. Here’s hoping he is truly happy here and confident of our continued growth. 

He’s happy, Bruno’s happy. Our only problem for the foreseeable is selling other players that would rather stay! Be happy 😉  it’s all good :indi: