Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

He didn’t look slow running through for the disallowed goal against Liverpool.

He was caught up by both defenders. Certainly the first one as admittedly he had stopped by the time the second one arrived.

In the games he’s played so far, it clear to me that’s he got top quality movement. We just haven’t yet worked out how to play to this as one of his strengths. Plenty of times already you’ve seen him he peel off his man, make an intelligent run or even just a small movement here or there that creates space - we just haven’t had the time to work it out as a team

He has played two PL games and scored two (three if you want), and one game for the first time in five months where the service was Murphy, Longstaff, Anderson, Ritchie and Joelinton (yeah hes not a playmaker). If hes the right man for nufc time will tell, but if you want to know if he can run find youtube and do the search.

Just now, nufc123 said:

He has played two PL games and scored two (three if you want), and one game for the first time in five months where the service was Murphy, Longstaff, Anderson, Ritchie and Joelinton (yeah hes not a playmaker). If hes the right man for nufc time will tell, but if you want to know if he can run find youtube and do the search.

He just seemed rusty. I don't think it mattered who the service was from, he missed a free header from 6yds and a one on one from about 10yds. I'd hope he'd take those chances when he's got a bit more match sharpness.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

He just seemed rusty. I don't think it mattered who the service was from, he missed a free header from 6yds and a one on one from about 10yds. I'd hope he'd take those chances when he's got a bit more match sharpness.

Sure he looked rusty, but so would Messi if he didnt play a game for half a year. Lets judge him in a month or two

It'll take some time to get the minutes in his legs to get him back up to full speed. It'll come. He has 2 goals in 4 appearances for us (or 3 goals in 5 appearances this season if you include his goal v Barcelona at the start of this season for Sociedad) and you can tell his footballing IQ is lightyears ahead of most of the clowns playing alongside him on Saturday.

I think he looks mint. Sometimes the ball just sticks to him. Against SW he was the star 60m man in the line up so the defenders literally hounded him out. With Miggy, Wilson, ASM, Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, Trips in the team, others won't be able to put 3 on him..

I would love love to see ASM and Isak together. ASM always gets surrounded by players and can't always find space but imagine when Isak is in it too and they don't know where to go, and both have speed and dribbling prowess! Will be exciting to watch..I hope they have chemistry in training! 

Lad hasn’t played anything like enough minutes to make any sort of prediction - I very much liked what I did see in those first few games, and the Sheff Wed game was the rusty performance of a player who’d had a significant break from football due to injury.  

He is clearly quick. Obvious to see on his debut when running through and just when he was closing players down. Tired late on. 

The next two games he never really had a chance to open up against deep defences. But he did go clear against Palace when he fluffed his chance. 

Thought on Saturday. He looked like he was either being told to treat the half like a friendly to ease back in, which I highly doubt. Or that he was still not fully opening up. Which may well have been the case, if what people say about quad injuries is correct and what I mentioned earlier in the thread. 

He was still lively and involved in most of our good play first half. Probably should have scored the header. But people going on like the second one was a sitter. When it clearly wasn’t. 

I'm surprised at people saying he should've scored the header, I was impressed at what he got on it personally, it was an awkward ball for a standing jump. It was a great save. I don't think anyone including Wilson would've done much better.

It was 3rd division opposition obviously, but main thing I was impressed by was the intelligence of his movement. Could tell he was class even if not at the top of his game. Reminded me of Kluivert, now I think about it.

I thought both chances weren't totally clear cut, though interestingly...

"Alexander Isak admits that his lack of sharpness after being sidelined since September played a part in his two big FA Cup chances against the Owls.

When asked about building back up to full fitness and getting sharp again, Isak told ChronicleLive: "I think the sharpness will help. These are chances I'd usually score (at Sheff Wed)."

Love his confidence to be honest :snod: