Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

He isn't a number 9, so I don't think the answer is to drop Wilson for him. I want to see him, Wilson, Max, Joelinton and Bruno all on the pitch together. That would give teams something to think about, I reckon, as we're too predictable at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Andy said:

He isn't a number 9, so I don't think the answer is to drop Wilson for him. I want to see him, Wilson, Max, Joelinton and Bruno all on the pitch together. That would give teams something to think about, I reckon, as we're too predictable at the moment.

Agreed, and then Wilson really needs to start pulling his weight in that arrangement. If he doesn't, I don't know what to say about him.

Guest reefatoon
33 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Would like to see a front 3 of Almirion, Gordon, Isak. Could very tasty. 

Don’t think Almiron is offering anything at the moment. That amazing form earlier in the season has deserted him. Think he needs a rest out of the team personally. ASM was the much more positive player out of the two of them the last couple of games.

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Isak has been an amazing #9 when he has proper wingers around him. 

Think when we get a proper striker in, Isak and Gordon floating around a strong cf will work wonders.

31 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Don’t think Almiron is offering anything at the moment. That amazing form earlier in the season has deserted him. Think he needs a rest out of the team personally. ASM was the much more positive player out of the two of them the last couple of games.

today he offered nothing going forward, looked a huge step up for him. Problem is that he's our top scorer, which on paper would make him a controversial one to drop. 

20 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That's what I thought. I don't get why people are saying he's not?

I think people mean he’s not your hold it up and lay it off type of striker. He likes it into space facing the opposition and likes to drift to the wings.

Yeah. He was class. Few Mancs sat behind me. They were commenting between themselves on how good he was and they couldn’t deal with him, glad he didn’t start etc. 

He has looked best in a bit of a withdrawn role, off the front man. Gets in some really nice positions and just glides about the pitch. But even factoring that in, I think he should be getting a start up top now. Can’t see Howe starting both and changing the system any time soon. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. He was class. Few Mancs sat behind me. They were commenting between themselves on how good he was and they couldn’t deal with him, glad he didn’t start etc. 

He has looked best in a bit of a withdrawn role, off the front man. Gets in some really nice positions and just glides about the pitch. But even factoring that in, I think he should be getting a start up top now. Can’t see Howe starting both and changing the system any time soon. 

Agreed - I’m the summer though I think we need to go for a Toney type player and have isak just behind. 

I want to see 4-4-fucking-2 again with him and Wilson up front and ASM and Almiron out wide.  Really liked to see him drop between the lines and get the ball at his feet and he seems to have a good understanding with ASM. I'm also quite confident that Joelinton and Bruno are more than capable of holding down the fort in midfield without Willock/Longstaff. Get Targett in to help ASM on the left wing. Go a bit hell for leather with two strikers.

Our formation with a single striker and Trippier acting as a bit of a playmaker from the right back position isn't quite working any more this year. We need to try something different and Isak has to be the key to that.