Alexander Isak

Disco

I know the term 'franchise player' will get a lot of backs up but he really is the definition of a franchise player. He's the bloke we need to build the attack and midfield around for the next 8 years. Put 5 players around him to allow him to just smash the opposition. The lad has got the lot, he's quick, mint touch, technique and movement, confident, can drop deep and get involved, great vision and passes it into the net. Exceptional player and will get even better still

10 goals in 978 minutes in the league, less than 11 games.

Wilson has 11 in 1400. Add them together and its third best after Haarland and Kane. Added together, they have played fewer minutes than Kane or Toney. Too much Wood. With games to come next season, we definitely need another option at CF.

I suspect the main difference between us and Brighton is we've got a better keeper and better strikers.

The one from the peachy ball in behind from Willock was a Mo Salah goal. Leave any space in behind and you'll need constant pressure on the ball to stop the through ball. The other option is to defend deep. A high line against that level of threat with no press is suicidal.

The second by Joelinton was also a high line failure, this time to a ball over the top that was wonderfully controlled.

7 hours ago, SweMag said:

Isak talked to a Swedish reporter after the game and said the atmosphere at St James’ Park is unbelievable, never experienced something like it, feels that the away teams are finding it difficult to play here.

So happy for the guy. Really looks fully settled in now, and seems to be loving it, and is obviously doing very well.

He's been so highly though of for a while and been linked with some top clubs, and so could have easily seen a situation where he decided against coming last summer, as we were seemingly only just starting the clubs rebuild.

Great to see it paying off so well for him.

10 hours ago, Stottie said:

10 goals in 978 minutes in the league, less than 11 games.

Wilson has 11 in 1400. Add them together and its third best after Haarland and Kane. Added together, they have played fewer minutes than Kane or Toney. Too much Wood. With games to come next season, we definitely need another option at CF.

I suspect the main difference between us and Brighton is we've got a better keeper and better strikers.

We are more clinical in both boxes.

I knew when he was through he was banging it in, weird feeling because I’m generally not as confident when Wilson is in those positions - but when Bruno did his futsal roll and played it forward to Willock who looked up and didn’t get on his bike I thought “oh fuck” and then when isak’s first touch sent him beyond I had 0 doubt. It was a world class goal that entire sequence. 

From those finishes against Liverpool it was clear the guy was ice cold and not bothered by anything. As well as a ruthless finisher.

The lad's 23 FFS.

When he was touted around a few years ago I thought he might just be all pace, nothing of the sort. 

Darwin Nunez was the striker everyone wanted in the summer (after Haaland obviously) but looks like we actually got the better one. I'm sure Nunez will turn out to be decent in time, but I can't see his finishing being anywhere near as good as Isak. Centre forwards are the most difficult and  most expensive players to buy, we have struck gold here.

3 minutes ago, KDT said:

The 2nd touch (with his left) after receiving the pass from Willock is absolutely perfect.

Same for his second goal, his second touch just drags it away a bit from the oncoming Spurs defender (Dier, perhaps?) and gives him the space for the finish. Really clever bit of play from him. 

7 minutes ago, KDT said:

The 2nd touch (with his left) after receiving the pass from Willock is absolutely perfect.

His touches were so perfect in that sequence he doesn't slow down a bit, and in a weird way seemed to pick up some speed and create more separation from Dier. Mental.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, Nobody said:

Same for his second goal, his second touch just drags it away a bit from the oncoming Spurs defender (Dier, perhaps?) and gives him the space for the finish. Really clever bit of play from him. 

So decisive as well, to dart into that space and get the shot off. Possibly Lloris should have saved it but might well have been knocked in by Joelinton at the back post anyway. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

So decisive as well, to dart into that space and get the shot off. Possibly Lloris should have saved it but might well have been knocked in by Joelinton at the back post anyway. 

It always looks like he shouldn't score from those angles, but he manages to find the inside of the posts every time. Look at his two belters at Anfield as well.