Alexander Isak

Disco

3 minutes ago, Willow said:

Wow that's awesome news, straight in and ready to go.

I still really hope we get JP as it he'd transform our attacking options even further but would understand if that's changed.

Exciting end to the window which is what we all secretly wanted!

I don't think anyone was hiding what they wanted mate.  Just didn't expect it.

Sounds like we are trying to get this ASAP, and understantably so.

Ive said before - it must be mad being a footballer at times. Youre either at home resting or at the training ground and suddenly your told that a bid has been accepted and theres a plane waiting to take you 1000 miles north (ish) where you are prodded and poked by a stange medical team then unveiled as a new signing where you have to say "Great to be here" a hundred times to a gaggle of press.

Players who move around a lot must be used to it but its nuts :lol:

When everyone is fit, we may see him starting on the left and ASM moving across to the right.

The forwards do seem to rotate positions a lot this season under Howe, mind, with seemingly a lot of license to take up inside forward positions. There should be a lot of opportunities for him to get on the scoresheet regardless.

He's capable of scoring long-range screamer too which isn't something any of our attacking players seem to be able to do.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This ticks all of my transfer window boxes. A quality player out of no where and kept under wraps until it was more or less done. Lovely.

Satisfying as fuck tbh, for so many reasons. 

[smartarse]Maybe folk will learn to chill the fuck out in future transfer windows. This lot have clearly demonstrated twice now that they deliver the goods.[/smartarse]

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Satisfying as fuck tbh, for so many reasons. 

[smartarse]Maybe folk will learn to chill the fuck out in future transfer windows. This lot have clearly demonstrated twice now that they deliver the goods.[/smartarse]

You know as well as I do that our fans won't chill out in any transfer window. In the same way a junkie won't chill out until he gets his next fix.

Please.... just one moaaar.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This ticks all of my transfer window boxes. A quality player out of no where and kept under wraps until it was more or less done. Lovely.

Agree. 

Why the f*** am I spending so much time in these transfer threads.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also, it's still quite hard to get my head around us signing this level of player.

It was for Bruno, Botman less so and now I'm just comfortable in knowing that this is the new us.

At what point is Diaby gutted for not kicking up a fuss at Leverkusen? [emoji38]

I like how all window we’ve been underbidding for players and then all of a sudden pay way over the odds for this guy. Happy with the player but absolutely floored by what we’re willing to pay for him. A real (and welcome) statement that we can play with the big boys when we really want someone.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

I like how all window we’ve been underbidding for players and then all of a sudden pay way over the odds for this guy. Happy with the player but absolutely floored by what we’re willing to pay for him. A real (and welcome) statement that we can play with the big boys when we really want someone.

You believe we are paying way over the odds?

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

I don't think it's over the odds, or at least not way over the odds. I just think strikers come at a big cost, especially good ones.

It is very interesting that we wouldn't budge over our value of Maddison, Harrison and Diaby mind. It's clear now we have strict values on players.

Just now, STM said:

I don't think it's over the odds, or at least not way over the odds. I just think strikers come at a big cost, especially good ones.

It is very interesting that we wouldn't budge over our value of Maddison, Harrison and Diaby mind. It's clear now we have strict values on players.

Re Maddison and Harrison these guys both have less than 2 years remaining and are slightly older and are also lacking in international/ champions league experience hence our reluctance to budge.