Alexander Isak

Disco

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That's fantastic, him and Eddie are going to have some immense football conversations!

Eesak seems to be the way to go with the pronunciation. 

If we're thinking flags @Heron, would be cool to see Swedish and Eritrean represented. 

Proper excited now :smitten:

Brilliant idea.

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm fairly confident that I'll have seen more of Isak than most on this board, and the one thing I'm very, very confident about is that Isak will work extremely well with Howe.

Yeah, I'm confident that we're not signing people unless they come very high up in the list of best options for the various attributes we need. You love to see it. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I'm fairly confident that I'll have seen more of Isak than most on this board, and the one thing I'm very, very confident about is that Isak will work extremely well with Howe.

Seems like a well grounded fellow. Somebody you can cheer for and really enjoy his success. Seemed the same at least for me with Bruno G.

Isak turned down a move to Real Madrid (just after Ødegaard had went there at a similar age) at the age of 17 to go to Dortmund because of their record of bringing young players on. Of course, it didn't work out well at Dortmund, but shows what kind of character he is. 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Bit of a step down on the here we go on Pedro from Romano that...

It is but also fair. You splash down that much cash I could see you bowing out of the other target if the Everton bid is true.

I'd love to see both then let the window shut and see where the chips fall.

Isak is such a perfect square peg for our square hole at the moment of needing someone who can start at RW when Wilson is fit, and then move up top when he's not.

Now I hope we'll backtrack on Pedro to look again at Paqueta if we're going to sign anyone else, that 3rd midfield spot is what we need next.

Reading Romano saying "already jn England" is EVERYTHING! 

Can't believe this might happen. 

Can absolutely still see Pedro happening if the price is agreed. We were always looking for Ekitike plus another striker. The next question is RW or another CM. Can't believe we would get both. That said if the player and deal is right, i wouldnt rule it out.

Imagine if they managed to get Diaby or Maddison too. The forum and the entire northeast would break.

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Any other sources saying we've agreed terms with Isak? Or is it still mostly just us agreeing terms with La Real? 

If he's in England he agreed to terms. Not saying he is but he'd be there for medical and to sign.

Not sure I did see a second source.

Edited by McDog

This is the sort if signing that would convince other players who are maybe on the fence about coming here. 

First of all because of the player himself but also because of the fee. Shows we are serious about bringing in the best possible signings we can and moving into the next level of signings.