Alexander Isak

Disco

Just catching up on this! Fucking hell! Some singing.

I for one look forward to just enjoying the lad develop and watch him link up with the other talent we're building up.

Looks to have some pace, amazing feet and a hell of a strike!

Excited for this one :) What a change we're witnessing at the club.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

Obviously it's a huge signing because of wilsons injury record and also in building a squad

But on the main is it going to be 1 out of the 2 when they are both fit?  Or is there a chance Isak will fill the position Miggy or ASM play at the minute

Edited by jack j

25 minutes ago, jack j said:

Obviously it's a huge signing because of wilsons injury record and also in building a squad

But on the main is it going to be 1 out of the 2 when they are both fit?  Or is there a chance Isak will fill the position Miggy or ASM play at the minute

So many questions.

• How serious is Wilson’s hamstring injury?  How long might he be out?
  • Did the injury prompt the decision to buy Isak? 
  • Did the club choose to buy Isak instead of Pedro? Did they pull the trigger because of a Wilson injury? Or maybe we’re in for both?
  • If Wilson is heathy, would Howe play Isak/Pedro on the right of the front three?
  • Are we still in for a Miggy replacement? Pulisic on loan or some such.

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It always amazes me how people can be so mature and articulate at the age of 22, man. Uprooting yourself to play in two different foreign countries when you're a teenager and speaking like a veteran of the game when you're not more than a bairn. I reckon I could hardly find my arse with both my hands at that age.[emoji38]

6 minutes ago, Emotic said:

It always amazes me how people can be so mature and articulate at the age of 22, man. Uprooting yourself to play in two different foreign countries when you're a teenager and speaking like a veteran of the game when you're not more than a bairn. I reckon I could hardly find my arse with both my hands at that age.[emoji38]

It’s incredible. My sweat was like 40 proof at that age.

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

@NobodyDo you think Isak could play off Wilson the same way Josh king used to?

Absolutely, that's arguably his best position IMO. His technique and pace makes him an excellent second striker that can drop deep and out wide, stretching the defence.

However, I want Howe to stick with the 433 that he's implemented here now, where Isak would be best suited as the number nine, but works just as well on either side Wilson.

ASM Wilson Isak is a ridiculous front three like. 

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Absolutely, that's arguably his best position IMO. His technique and pace makes him an excellent second striker that can drop deep and out wide, stretching the defence.

However, I want Howe to stick with the 433 that he's implemented here now, where Isak would be best suited as the number nine, but works just as well on either side Wilson.

ASM Wilson Isak is a ridiculous front three like. 

Is this more reason to have a Brazilian midfield three (with you know who) 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Is this more reason to have a Brazilian midfield three (with you know who) 

I've never seen that guy play, so I wouldn't know :lol: Isak making runs for Bruno could be bloody good mind. 

4 hours ago, Mazzy said:

This is the sort if signing that would convince other players who are maybe on the fence about coming here. 

First of all because of the player himself but also because of the fee. Shows we are serious about bringing in the best possible signings we can and moving into the next level of signings.

Yep. Trippier the beginning, Bruno shortly after. This window Botman and Isak. Each time it’s going to get easier to convince the big signings to come as we’re putting together one hell of a team with a progressive young coach to lead them 

14 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Yep. Trippier the beginning, Bruno shortly after. This window Botman and Isak. Each time it’s going to get easier to convince the big signings to come as we’re putting together one hell of a team with a progressive young coach to lead them 

If we can finish in Europe it'll get even more easy too. That's why I don't think we can afford to just settle for 8-10th as improvement.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we can finish in Europe it'll get even more easy too. That'd why I don't think we can afford to just settle for 8-10th as improvement.

Agree. We have to be ambitious if we’re going to hold onto these guys for more than a couple of seasons 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we can finish in Europe it'll get even more easy too. That'd why I don't think we can afford to just settle for 8-10th as improvement.

I wonder if we've looked at Leicester, West Ham, Villa, Man Utd starting poorly and thought maybe we can take them this season? 

Very pleased with this signing. Next to Osimhen, this is the striker that impressed me most of those we've been linked with - that includes Nunez. (From YT videos admittedly)

For a tall man, he seems to have good pace, close control and quick feet. 

Unreal this like. I knew we’d get a decent player or two in before the end of the window but didn’t think it’d be to this level or that we’d set a new club record. The fact it came from nowhere too, this time yesterday no one had a clue.

Can see him taking his game to another level under Howe once he’s settled in etc.

Hope I never get used to all this!