Tranmere Rovers 1-2 Newcastle United (24/08/2022)

Yorkie

Always crap when you get another team in same league in the draw. Really good draw for the lower league teams though, so many Prem on Prem games.

Proper chance for L1/L2 clubs to get further into the competition. 

8 minutes ago, Paullow said:

https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=287075&page=2

They seem less pleased than us. Away and it would have been poor, but you've got to take anyone outside of the obvious at home. Big crowd, a chance for others to get to the ground, we'll be betting favourites, decided on the night, and a decent chance to make the last 16 with at least 7 PL sides going out, as well as a few in L1/L2 guaranteed to make it through.

Could have been better, obviously, but I'd have taken that before the draw was made.

For them it's in between 2 away league matches and they won't bring many fans up at all. 500 max. (Not knocking them for that)

We'll sell it out, at home under Howe we're a force and it's the first of two home games in a week just before the season stops for the World Cup. Well happy with that draw, although a Championship/League 1/League 2 club would've been better. In theory anyway. 

Does anyone know when the tickets for the next round and Chelsea come for sale and if there's any chance to get a ticket for the Chelsea match? Itching to fly over and would love to get to watch two games on the same trip like I did last time when Benfica knocked us out and mackems butchered us. :lol:

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Missed the game, how was Anderson?

7/10. Run around a lot and never hid and always positive. Some glimpses of ability. Took a quick free kick stupidly when nothing on just near the D when Trippier was on the pitch having replaced the injured Kraft 🤦‍♂️ 

37 minutes ago, Pata said:

Does anyone know when the tickets for the next round and Chelsea come for sale and if there's any chance to get a ticket for the Chelsea match? Itching to fly over and would love to get to watch two games on the same trip like I did last time when Benfica knocked us out and mackems butchered us. :lol:

It’s usually approximately a month before. If you’ve got a membership you won’t have any problems getting a ticket for both, if not you might need a hand for the Chelsea game. 

November’s TV games are supposed to be announced on 13th Sept, so that should confirm the Chelsea date, and I’d be fairly sure the Palace match will be Wednesday 9th.

Keep an eye on the Tickets forum in here.

44 minutes ago, Pata said:

Shout if you need help nearer the time if you ain’t got a membership.

Today did nothing to change my mind that Murphy, Dummett, Ritchie, Wood and Longstaff are not fit for purpose. I know unfortunately we can't get rid of everyone in one fell swoop, but boy it's a nightmare seeing them still all on the bench ready to come on. 

Edited by et tu brute

Just got back from Tranmere, hopefully we never draw them again :lol: shit ground and an annoying drive.

We were utter crap til Trippier came on, really poor. Having two lads who fucking hate the ball at the back really hurt us - Jama not great, but Dummett fucking horrendous. I bet even the Tranmere players were looking at him and saying "fuck me, he's shit". Suddenly Tripps is on and within 60 seconds puts in two quality deliveries, one headed off the line and one goal.

Anderson looked bright and tidy and grafted hard, some lovely neat touches in space and one or two good moments. Longstaff was slow and ponderous but looked like Linford Christie when compared to Ritchie. I reckon I could pouch thirty quid of Chinese takeaway and a four pack and still keep pace with him. Quite why he felt the need to ping a promising free kick straight out for a goal kick in the first half and then turn round and bollock and gee-up the other players immediately after is anyone's guess.

Botman looked canny other than the 55mph back pass he fired at Darlow, Lewis also handy enough when introduced.

Pleased for Wood to get a goal, didn't get much service but grafted his nads off all game long and had some good touches. That said, hopefully we won't see him start too many more games what with the incomings.

Overall, job done just about and crisis averted!

16 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Botman looked canny other than the 55mph back pass he fired at Darlow

That was kinda funny. Darlow must have been "Fuck, gotta save this".

Clear the line FFS.

Thought Botman was a tad poor on a couple of occasions myself, had a couple of terrible clearance/attempted passes out from the back. And I thought Jamal was actually quite good even with the ball.

Dummett was terrible, same for Ritchie and Longstaff who are so careless with possession. Murphy was utter rubbish, just awful.

Edited by Bimpy474

8 hours ago, LFEE said:

7/10. Run around a lot and never hid and always positive. Some glimpses of ability. Took a quick free kick stupidly when nothing on just near the D when Trippier was on the pitch having replaced the injured Kraft 🤦‍♂️ 

Trips was fewmin :memelol:

Anderson looked the best player out there til Trips came on tbf. I was a bit harsh on him. Watching things back he instigated a lot of positive play. He's definitely a between the lines player. Good movement, occasionally let down by his first touch. Looked to be fairly either footed and has decent acceleration. He's going to be at pushing willock for a place sooner rather than later. 

Edited by La Parka

I enjoy winning these games because they are the sort of games we usually fuck up, lots of players got some minutes in which they clearly needed as the team that started looked so slow and unfit especially when you compare them to those that started vs City. its the sort of game you don't mind scrapping as we'll benefit a lot from giving them some playing minutes.

The main thing about Andersons performance yesterday that impressed me most was how well he coped with the physicality and tempo of the tranmere players compared to Longstaff and Willock. I've got no doubt he can handle the PL. Really hope he gets to start against Wolves.