Liverpool vs. Newcastle United - 31/8/22 @ 8pm (BTSport)

5 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

I can't see us scoring without Wilson / Bruno / ASM

We realistically need at least 2 goals, our 2 highest fit goalscorers from last season are Joelinton with 4 and Schar with 2.

Anyone else think the player interviews before games are a bit cringe? I'm enjoying all the new content but these are very hit and miss. Some of the questions that get asked are just not very good and you can see the player thinking "what on earth am I meant to say to that".

11 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

EDIT: I jumped the gun.

Seems very nervous in the beginning of that interview. Still watching and he seems to be growing in confidence. Hope he can put in a performance tonight. Think he'll get two goals.

Edited by Happinesstan

That’s just sport interviews in general, absolute waste of time almost always.

interviewer “What would it mean to come away with three points?” 

Generic player: “Yeah, it would mean a lot, we want to continue our run, it’s important for us.”

Interviewer: ”And how important is it to start the season well?”

Generic player: ”very important, we have an aim of where we want to be and we need to keep working towards that”

It’s the leading questions about how great our fans are that makes me cringe at times. I noticed it especially with Botman. The interviewer was desperate to get him to say how amazing we are and it felt really forced. 

Our record at Anfield is truly shocking, even when they weren't that good. Possibly even worse than against Man City?

Can see a good performance and losing to a ref assist, or an absolute pummelling, although not on the Bournemouth scale

I know it's probably better to have them miss this game than one we have a more realistic chance of winning...

But I can't help but be really pissed we're going into this game without Bruno or Wilson and most likely Trippier or ASM. Not saying we'd have gone there and humped them but there's such a good vibe around us that I'd really have fancied us to give them a really good game.

Still expect we'll go out and give a good account of ourselves tomorrow but suspect we'll just not have the quality to give them any trouble in the final third unless Isak just comes in and is an immediate rinse machine.

3 minutes ago, Paully said:

It's absolutely bizarre that we're playing these away 25 years to the day since Princess Diana died. 

We were already in Liverpool when it was announced that the match was called off.

Imagine if the queen pegged it today and it got called off.

The biggest downer for us is that calum is out, we are toothless up front!

Maxi and bruno can be covered, albeit with inferior players, but up front we have very little chance of converting with Wood...

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Was going so well until he said Wood was an absolute machine up top. 

I think he probably means his pressing which he is relentless at to be honest.