Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

After calming down this really was an impressive performance. I really didn't think we were in any trouble until Wood&Murphy were introduced and our attacking threat went to zero. Then you consider who we were missing and the first hour becomes even better. Squad depth is sorely lacking but that's something that can't be fixed in two windows, still praying for a CM or a winger before the window shuts. Howe has done fucking amazing job transforming us so far, exciting times.

33 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

You joke, but he looked like he was about to do himself some damage during the last 15 mins of that first half. Fucking calm down and work out what you can change yourself you daft bastard.

Guardiola has the right idea. Calm, calculating, already working out how he's going to turn things around. And doesn't look like he's going to have a cardiac arrest any moment.

Guardiola is different class to this muppet, like.

25 minutes ago, McDog said:

Fair enough, other than last year I followed Newcastle in 1997 to about 2002 but the games were all in Spanish and I speak very little of that. I stopped watching the Premier league and last year in August after starting to work very closely with our office in England started watching the premier league again. I found out I could get all the games in English and who else to support but the team I had merch from in the 90's and followed then. The the takeover happened so it was watching every game they played. I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of VAR.

Anyway, cheers. That was a robbery job. 

:thup:

Sorry for the tone of my post, guess I'm way more interested in officiating and VAR than most fans. Good to have you back!

Edited by Pata

8 minutes ago, Pata said:

After calming down this really was an impressive performance. I really didn't think we were in any trouble until Wood&Murphy were introduced and our attacking threat went to zero. Then you consider who we were missing and the first hour becomes even better. Squad depth is sorely lacking but that's something that can't be fixed in two windows, still praying for a CM or a winger before the window shuts. Howe has done fucking amazing job transforming us so far, exciting times.

Yea, I keep telling myself that. It just seemed like such a hatchet job. With all those players missing they went toe to toe for the most part. That and Isak had two fantastic shots. That second was a work of art although disallowed.

I thought they would get worked over and they didn't. I think Eddie is turning heads all around the league.

1 hour ago, Billy Warthog said:

I've got to drive from Hampshire to Newcastle tomorrow, setting off at 5.30am. Can't sleep after that game! 

Part of me is pissed off about offside shoulders and dodgy ref's watches etc, but now I've had a chance to lie here and think about it properly - I can only believe this really is the opening act of a new era. Those bastards were properly rattled, hence the booing off from the scouse monkeys. Before, there was only pity and sarcasm after another thrashing. We owe them next time at our place. 

In the meantime, let's channel this fury to our next game - Palace at home. I'll be there, can't fucking wait. And let's hope we continue to do ourselves justice until we can think about adding to the squad in January. Our bench needs a whole lotta work. But I am one proud Mag tonight, as you should be too. 

Great post! I'm flying home tomorrow from the US! Will be at Palace too, ready to cheer the lads on! Proud of this team and Manager. Special mention to Dan Burn also. The Guys a Warrior.

Presses play on. I'm coming home Newcastle :)

3 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Great post! I'm flying home tomorrow from the US! Will be at Palace too, ready to cheer the lads on! Proud of this team and Manager. Special mention to Dan Burn also. The Guys a Warrior.

Presses play on. I'm coming home Newcastle :)

Dan Burn seems quite the leader back there. Jamaal is the captain but Burn seems like the enforcer of sorts. Howe seems to really rate leadership. 

edit: Safe flight and enjoy the Palace game too.

Edited by McDog

16 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Just read some of RAWK and never hated another club so much. Forgot how much I hated them 

Never used to hate em as I do now. These cunts are sponsored by convicted illegal money launderers and have had their own past dealings with the Saudis. The dumb c*nts are to thick to realise that tho and are so quick to hoy the sportswashing tag around. Horrible club, obnoxious fans, awful city.....

1 hour ago, Teslact said:

NBC here in America showed it a few seconds later. Maybe someone else in America knows, does NBC just get raw feeds they mix/edit themselves? I'd assumed they just take the Sky/BT edit and just add their own commentary.

nbc has one legit team on site and that’s Peter drury now (arlo white previously). Todays was the world feed that the league basically runs and operates that they send out. We had an nbc graphics overlay on USA network but the “feed” was on the nbc sports 4k channel on YouTube tv and it’s the same commentary team with the leagues own graphics package. 

43 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Just read some of RAWK and never hated another club so much. Forgot how much I hated them 

Read that when they beat us 3-2 under Rafa. They hated that we gave them a game, put ourselves around...ultimately that we had the cheek to try. Rafa being a legend there counted for nothing. I'd never read anything like it, you're not allowed to try against them or else its some sort of outrage.

Teams always raised their games against the top sides.

These c*nts did it to Man United for years, even did it to us before getting turned over off Southampton or Coventry in their next game.

Edited by Wolfcastle

28 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm a very petty person most of the time so I really hope Liverpool struggle to finish top 4 this season, I genuinely think we'll beat them at St James. 

I think we will, they were lucky not to lose on their own ground to a Newcastle side without 5 first team players.  Klopp showed today what a utter piece of shite he is so I'll look forward to us rubbing his face in it at St James'.

I’m not too bothered about other fan reactions, we were time wasting and it’s annoying being on the end of it especially when you are desperate for a win, we would be the same. It’s the fact the media have allowed a narrative to justify completely fucking us over.

We were time wasting therefore 8 minutes added time is sound.

Sunday Willock missed a chance after a penalty shout which gave them an excuse not to give it, despite the referee not playing advantage.

Last week Schar was backpedaling  to meet the ball, which gave Stones the right to wipe him out in the area.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

6 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I could only listen. Was our time wasting really that exceptional? “First I’ve ever booed off a team” etc. 

It was noticeable but nothing we don’t  see other teams do. Some of it could genuinely have been cramp too, given how hard we worked. There was never enough to justify 8 minutes of added time, it was insane.

Hard to take any of it seriously from a club who openly dope like [emoji38]