Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace - 3/9/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

18 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Except for this shit...

image.thumb.png.bdb777679e14314d968acdab2401f8e0.png

Is that what he thinks we’re “a bit tampony” about? JFC. More riled by the Robson comments. It’s about football. That’s it.

I really like this Palace side and I think Vieira is a good manager. He’s done a lot with a limited squad.  Not getting smashed by Man City and Liverpool is an achievement. But damn they do seem to throw away a lot of points. Last minute equalizers seemed incredibly frequent last season.

If ASM & Bruno are available, this will look a lot like the Forest and first half of the Man City game.

Edited by gazza ladra

3 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Was that the game a bloke riding a black and white ostrich ran around the middle of the Leazes and did a comic screech to a halt after over-running an exit before turning back?

Its recorded for posterity somewhere. Will have to be the 94/95 season volumes tapes I guess.

That was the last day of terracing at SJP. Dug up that very night before the Northumbria senior cup the next day

Palace finished 4th last in all three comps - PL and losing semi-finalists in both cups.

Bernie Clifton?

Would be nice to see Bruno and ASM back for this. However we've got a very goof looking run of fixtures coming up now so I'd much rather them be given another week to be certain there's no risk and we can go in these next few fixtures with as close to a fully fit squad as possible.

A win today would be awesome and would set us up for a nice few weeks forward. I’d say we realistically should take around 10 points from the next 5 games but the one thing we know is that Eddie will have us going for 15 from the next 5. Might as well start today. 3-0 with an Isak brace and a Targett mishit cross for the last one. 

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t recall Palace being beaten comfortably to many times under Vieira, it will be a really tough game.

They absolutely have but I agree, its unlikely we win this by a big margin. However if Bruno and Isak click today its easily within the realms of the realms of possibility, when I say comfortable im talking about a decently seen out 2-0 not 4 or 5 or something.

Edited by Nine