Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

Pretty confident we will finish top 10 but won't get into Europe, unless we have a sneaky cup run. That was most people's expectations wasn't it? (Even if we hoped for me on the sly) beyond the top 6 all the teams are pretty similar. Palace is one team we will be fighting against for that top 10. We are far better if we get players back and likely a couple more signings in Jan. We will be fine.

Arguably liverpool don't come back had Isaks second counted. At worst its a point we should have got but could and should have been 6 more points which would have launched us up the league. We will be just fine.

Just now, OverThere said:

3 of our top players out and the squad can't cope. It's unfortunate but I doubt we will have 3 top players out very often 

We should have got a point or more at Liverpool, we had a perfectly good goal ruled out today.

What you put there is such utter bollocks, it's just over reactive nonsense.

The team needs its key players back, not good enough without them, Var bullshit aside, we probably created enough but never looked like scoring, Fraser doesn't even look fit, Miggy usual running around with no end product.

Thought from the bench Anderson did well, but when your options are Murphy and Wood, you know you have nothing that's game changing.

Deffo need the big boys back, that should strengthen the bench also, and the likes of Miggy Willock Longstaff Anderson can sit watch and feel hungry when they get called upon.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not sure I agree, like. They had some decent chances. Pope made a couple of great stops. Which is becoming standard for him. 

But we have bombarded their goal at times, hit the post, Almiron missed an easy chance, Willock a sitter, Isak a one on one, Guita has made two top class stops that I can remember from Willock and the header from the corner. A lot of last ditch defending from them, as well. 

Ignoring the VAR howler. I still Thought we deserved the win. Even though we lost control of the game at times. 

If we'd given their away performance I'd be disappointed if we didn't come away with a point. They dug in pretty well IMO and crafted a few decent opportunities. Similar to our point against Brighton. 

Just now, toontownman said:

Pretty confident we will finish top 10 but won't get into Europe, unless we have a sneaky cup run. That was most people's expectations wasn't it? (Even if we hoped for me on the sly) beyond the top 6 all the teams are pretty similar. Palace is one team we will be fighting against for that top 10. We are far better if we get players back and likely a couple more signings in Jan. We will be fine.

Arguably liverpool don't come back had Isaks second counted. At worst its a point we should have got but could and should have been 6 more points which would have launched us up the league. We will be just fine.

The run end of the last season was always going to get people a bit carried away going into this season really, it was to be expected. Always said I'd be happy with a top 10 finish as this imo is a transitional season. 

9 minutes ago, Elephant said:

We have not won in 5 games, I’m getting worried we’re back in relegation fight soon. Just wanted this season to be different.

6 points after 6 games is less than most of us hoped for, but it's too early to be reflecting upon expectations. I hoped we go all season without dropping into the bottom half, but we have.

But it's early enough that one win puts us back into the 'safety zone'. 

We've had a challenging first 6 games, and we've fought in every one of them, and haven't really seen our best eleven in a run of games.

Think it's a bit early for worrying.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

6 points after 6 games is less than most of us hoped for, but it's too early to be reflecting upon expectations. I hoped we go all season without dropping into the bottom half, but we have.

We've had a challenging first 6 games, and we've fought in every one of them, and haven't really seen our best eleven in a run of games.

7 points

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Haven’t watched the game but this is the Type of fixture we were winning last season 1-0 in our good run.  

Also the type of fixture I feared we would drop points in without enough quality being brought in attacking and midfield areas.  

Thanks Captain Hindsight. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Haven’t watched the game but this is the Type of fixture we were winning last season 1-0 in our good run.  

Also the type of fixture I feared we would drop points in without enough quality being brought in attacking and midfield areas.  

You are not wrong but with Maximin/Wilson/Bruno we win this. Quite an important bunch out

19 minutes ago, Nine said:

Most of us knew but today really showed how badly hit this squad is by 2/3 key injuries, the drop off in quality is massive. We just lack that cutting edge going forward without ASM and Bruno.. with that being said we should have still won that game between Isaks, Willocks chances and the wrongly disallowed goal.

Today shows how a corrupt decision can take the wind out of their sails. 

We played well and forced an error that led to a clear goal.

Edited by Happinesstan

Robbed basically. 

Yes we could have got a second to win the match, but Palace are a good team with a good keeper. The main thing is we scored one goal, enough to win this match, but it was chalked off by what I hope is incompetence but what I fear is much worse.

Edited by Stottie

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

You are probably right. It’s hard to not to worry about relegation after going through all these years. Most of here that slag me off have come around when PIF arrived and don’t really understand what it is to worry all the time for relegation. I had to switch off for years because it just felt there was not any joy with this club.

8 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Nope they're not accountable to anyone, hence why they get away with this shit every week. Everythings kept behind closed doors, if you ask anything you get fined.

VAR team are even less accountable. Whole thing fucking stinks to high heaven.