West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Well for a start it isn’t just about Newcastle. It’s the fact there’s no football at all. People all over the country enjoy not only their own team but other games in the league and on tv

also If you can’t tell the difference of people looking forward to a game now and how people were happy to get to the transfer window without losing more games then, then I can’t help you 

The point is that you can't really clamour for games to be called off last season when it suits you and then also complain that fans are disappointed / out of pocket this season because the game is less vital to NUFC so you wanted it to go ahead. If you do, it makes you a bit of a hypocrite when those same fans would have been out of pocket last season as well.

Jesus I didn't realise Mick Lowes was such a horrible fucking bellend. Used to love him as the voice of NUFC as a kid but now he is just an awful bitter bloke, wonder if his stroke has made him angry. Listened to him on Steve Wraith's podcast few months ago and immediately thought to myself he's actually a bit of a tosser which was disappointing but twitter has shown him up as the prick he probably always was :sad:

2 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

The point is that you can't really clamour for games to be called off last season when it suits you and then also complain that fans are disappointed / out of pocket this season because the game is less vital to NUFC so you wanted it to go ahead. If you do, it makes you a bit of a hypocrite when those same fans would have been out of pocket last season as well.

As I said it’s not just about nufc. It’s a wider point that the whole footballing fixtures in Britain have been postponed without a single thought for fans that have spent money, booked time off, made plans or simply just look forward to their football at the weekend. People can have their on personal position on any specific match but my opinion is about football has a whole 

Find out when the funeral is next weekend and have the fixtures either side of it. Saturday and Monday or Friday and Saturday or Sunday and Monday. 

Absolutely no need to cancel. Her funeral should be a celebration of her life, after the funerally bit.

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

You poor bastard. You must be horrified that the West ham game has been postponed and will be rearranged for a date when you will reluctantly have to watch it instead of travelling to Buckingham palace for a photo op of laying wreathes and holding your phone torch up amongst the throngs lining the streets.

I’ll see about getting @morpeth mag a room in St George’s when he’s back, so he can recuperate and fully recover from the disappointment. Anyone up for sorting a candle light vigil outside as a collective show of compassion? (…jammy bugger ?)

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

PL/EFL have dropped a bollock.

Dont care about fans, just PR and its backfired as they've called it too early. 

Arseholes. 

I wonder if a few of the big wigs had one eye on a future knighthood or other honours.

41 minutes ago, STM said:

Find out when the funeral is next weekend and have the fixtures either side of it. Saturday and Monday or Friday and Saturday or Sunday and Monday. 

Absolutely no need to cancel. Her funeral should be a celebration of her life, after the funerally bit.

Was watching something this afternoon, they were saying that Charles has to have some sort of ceremony next Saturday probably. 

their point was, that the queen is actually dead now. in terms of royal protocol, Charles doing his ceremony is actually more important as he’s actually more important then her. Meaning officially, the sat is far more important in terms of everyone having to stop doing what they are doing. 

what a mess.

for me, they should have done a long bank holiday weekend with the funeral on the Monday. This impacts me financially, but that’s life. I can live with that.

bit everything else other than bank Monday is a normal day. They could still have whatever gun salutes or bells, really go to town between now and then.

but only the funeral day should be special and it should be a party day.

10 days feels very out of date. 

Edited by FLUMPO235

4 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Good point from .com, actually:

There's speculation that policing resources required for the three scheduled PL games in the capital on Sunday including ours may not be available.

Why though? What are the police doing on Sunday?