West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Football was always going to be cancelled. Racing is on Sunday, Rugby, and cricket is also on. You car argue that they should be off as well or football should also be on, but football was always going to be cancelled. The gammon were just waiting for football to be played so they can ram their fake sadness/respect at everyone.

5 hours ago, Mag_in_NZ said:

If the Bournemouth game is canned then the first thing I’m doing when I get back to NZ is booking flights for the Young lad and me for Jan/Feb and getting tickets for every home game I can….guess I’ll be working every hour overtime available

Good luck mate, not easy to get tickets for home games, I'm at the Bournemouth game as well. I am hoping it doesn't get canned but at least I'm not flying over from New Zealand for it.

29 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Football was always going to be cancelled. Racing is on Sunday, Rugby, and cricket is also on. You car argue that they should be off as well or football should also be on, but football was always going to be cancelled. The gammon were just waiting for football to be played so they can ram their fake sadness/respect at everyone.

The gammon love their football and wouldnt be bothered about it being on. They'd get off on the singing of god save the queen then god save the king at games.

Edited by madras

It is really sad about Lowes. I really enjoyed his radio commentary but Im pretty sure I remember him being removed from that role rather abruptly and I was never sure why. Unless I'm mixing him up with that Century radio bloke (not football) who disappeared rather quickly and then Metro picked him up for a while.

I thought he’d left the radio job because of poor health, given the shape he’s in. Had no idea that he had a poor reputation publicly and that he was clearly in such bad shape now. Those Twitter messages indicate there’s more going on than him just being a bit of a dickhead like, clearly unwell 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I thought he’d left the radio job because of poor health, given the shape he’s in. Had no idea that he had a poor reputation publicly and that he was clearly in such bad shape now. Those Twitter messages indicate there’s more going on than him just being a bit of a dickhead like, clearly unwell 

Even Wraith has shunned him now.

Must be bad if even fucking Wraith has dumped him. I watched one of his shows about a year ago and he was taking non stop negative shite all the way through. He was always ok on the commentary, but he's an arrogant twat now and full of himself for some strange reason.

4 hours ago, Peder75 said:

I'm unhappy there's no football in the weekend, but for us as a team I belive it's good. We play with such high intense in our games and the players have looked knackered during the last 15 min in our latest games. Some extra rest early in the season can only help us. The more we play like this, the more we're getting used to it and I think it won't be as big problem later in the season. Specially with the rest most of our players will get during the world cup.

West Ham played on Thursday and have been struggling, this would have been the perfect time to play them, with or without ASM and Bruno.

36 minutes ago, gbandit said:

My dad's mate, who is sadly no longer with us, drank in the same pub as Ando in Wylam. Apparently Lowes left to look after his sister who was ill, rather than through his own health.

3 hours ago, Disco said:

As I've said

A nation beholden to a narrative set by deeply unserious individuals. 

This is definitely a factor.

It's also fair to say that other sports don't have the "Liverpool factor" to take into the equation.

Would look odd to cancel 1 match and play the other 9 and this is a way of ducking the issue.

16 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

This is definitely a factor.

It's also fair to say that other sports don't have the "Liverpool factor" to take into the equation.

Would look odd to cancel 1 match and play the other 9 and this is a way of ducking the issue.

Don't think the Liverpool factor comes into it as each club WILL have its observance at its first home game, even if, as it could be for us, in October.

6 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

We will now have to play two midweek games next year that we wouldn't have. Our squad is already stretched. The idea that this will benefit us seems fanciful considering we're already in an injury crisis because of the congested fixture list.

What about a transfer window in January that could benefit the squad?

7 minutes ago, madras said:

Don't think the Liverpool factor comes into it as each club WILL have its observance at its first home game, even if, as it could be for us, in October.

Come October they will just be able to crack on as normal without it seeming odd.

I might be wrong of course, but I don't think they will try to have a minute's silence at Anfield for the Queen.

8 minutes ago, madras said:

Don't think anybody really noticed at the time but they attempted a minute's silence before the second half of the Hearts game at Tynecastle last night, just minutes after the announcement (I turned over to see if they would do anything before the second half) and it was extremely badly observed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-minutes-silence-at-tynecastle-during-hearts-and-istanbul-basaksehir-game-cut-short-by-referee-3837081