Loris Karius

NWMag

28 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

With respect to him, I hope we never see him again as Pope should play every game in every competition. He's definitely upped the attractiveness of the team though.

Pope should play every game tbf. He should have played today really. For some reason he didn't.

24 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

People blaming him for either goal man. :lol:

Couldn't believe some of what I was reading like. Was obvious from the very first replay that he would have been well placed to at least block Rashford's shot if it hadn't taken the deflection IMO

Didn't notice anybody blaming him for the first, but I'm sure they will have done :lol:

Third choice keeper making his first start in two and a half years in a Cup Final with minimal prep.  For a guy with his previous big moment baggage I respect him for even getting out there again, let alone putting in a more than respectable shift.

Maybe Courtois or Alisson could've saved one of the two goals but he is far down in the reasons why we lost.

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed - while I understand that one of the world’s better goalies might get fingertips to the second, the reality is his positioning was fine and he was beaten by an unfortunate deflection 

Tbf he did get his fingertips to the second.

Don't think Pope would have saved either of those. Loris played better than we could have expected.