Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/09/2022 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Johnny

21 minutes ago, HawK said:

I really wouldn't take Willock over Longstaff atm.

Went with Willock as our two best home performances (Forest & Man City) so far this season have been with that midfield three. Also because I genuinely don't rate Longstaff at all, watching him attempt to pass the ball is excruciating and we're likely going to have >60% possession on Saturday.

42 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Went with Willock as our two best home performances (Forest & Man City) so far this season have been with that midfield three. Also because I genuinely don't rate Longstaff at all, watching him attempt to pass the ball is excruciating and we're likely going to have >60% possession on Saturday.

Agreed with his general passing ability, but he's directly laid on at least two assists an assist this season that I can remember. I don't see what Willock is bringing currently :(

Edited by HawK
Gaslighting

2 minutes ago, HawK said:

Agreed with his general passing ability, but he's directly laid on at least two assists this season that I can remember. I don't see what Willock is bringing currently :(

2, really? Can only remember the Liverpool one. Just thinking Willock as I'm assuming that Bournemouth will sit off us and he'd be an extra body or late runner into the box when we attack. Similar to the Forest game which is probably the most similar pattern that Saturday will take.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

2, really? Can only remember the Liverpool one. Just thinking Willock as I'm assuming that Bournemouth will sit off us and he'd be an extra body or late runner into the box when we attack. Similar to the Forest game which is probably the most similar pattern that Saturday will take.

I might be thinking of a pre-season one :lol: Ok my point is less valid now, but I do think he's capable of playing a good pass forwards and takes the onus off Bruno a bit, I'd have him in front of Bruno and Joelinton personally so he's less exposed with his pace defensively. I think Willock is stronger in a game like City where we're going to be under the cosh and he can break with pace.

Willock might be a great option off the bench tbh. You'd expect us to tire Bournemouth with us having lots of possession; bringing his energy and running on late on could be a good weapon if the scores are still level. 

1 minute ago, HawK said:

I might be thinking of a pre-season one :lol: Ok my point is less valid now, but I do think he's capable of playing a good pass forwards and takes the onus off Bruno a bit, I'd have him in front of Bruno and Joelinton personally so he's less exposed with his pace defensively. I think Willock is stronger in a game like City where we're going to be under the cosh and he can break with pace.

Funnily enough, I think that but the other way around. :lol: Longstaff for me is useful for breaking things up when we're sat deep against better sides; Man City were getting between our midfield line and defensive line far fewer times after Longstaff came on for Willock. But I don't think that Longstaff is good enough with the ball when we have the lions' share of possession in games, we saw that against Tranmere and at Wolves.

26 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Willock might be a great option off the bench tbh. You'd expect us to tire Bournemouth with us having lots of possession; bringing his energy and running on late on could be a good weapon if the scores are still level. 

I don’t think he imposes himself on games enough 

15 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As grim as that game was I couldn't help but laugh at that bloke wearing a miner's hat. :lol: Who the fuck takes that to the football? "Reet, got me wallet, ticket, keys...oh aye I need to get me miner's helmet from upstairs." Absolute pervert.

[emoji38]

I've been wondering about Willock/Longstaff myself. I'm wondering if its worth starting Longstaff over Willock so that we can push Bruno further up the pitch and leave Longstaff as the holding player. I want to see some more backheel volleys, ya know.

43 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We're a bit of a different club now than we were 6 years ago. :lol: Remember this game, such fucking grim times.

The last time we ever saw Emmanuel Rivière darken our doors.

I honestly can’t think of a worse player to get substantial playing time in the last 20/25 years.

32 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

As grim as that game was I couldn't help but laugh at that bloke wearing a miner's hat. :lol: Who the fuck takes that to the football? "Reet, got me wallet, ticket, keys...oh aye I need to get me miner's helmet from upstairs." Absolute pervert.

Pervert :spit:

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We're a bit of a different club now than we were 6 years ago. :lol: Remember this game, such fucking grim times.

Taylor for the third. :lol: He was barely a footballer at that point; staggering he was still getting Premier League games. 

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

How Steven Taylor ever got to play PL football I'll never know - wouldn't have done for any other club

8 minutes ago, duo said:

How Steven Taylor ever got to play PL football I'll never know - wouldn't have done for any other club

Bit harsh.

He was utter cack in the last couple of years after his body broke down, but he showed some promise before than.

Like many others, the club just rekt them.

Edited by Pandamninator