Newcastle United 5-1 Brentford (08/10/2022)

Disco

7 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

I thought we were really inventive from set pieces today. I realise I'm arguing with a bairn's opinion here. 

Mate it hadn’t crossed my mind until he mentioned it. But apart from the cross v Leicester that Bruno headed in. I cant remember a cross or corner scored from since.

22 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Mate it hadn’t crossed my mind until he mentioned it. But apart from the cross v Leicester that Bruno headed in. I cant remember a cross or corner scored from since.

We scored from one last week

Our set pieces are very deliberate and so many appear crafted at the training ground. I'm not surprised that we're starting to see some returns. There was one a few minutes before the goal today which was almost converted.

That ball from Trippier, though. God alfuckingmighty. ?

Well that was fucking class, everyone was excellent minus some suspect passing at time. Botman is so so good, Bruno is actually magic and even Murphy was outstanding today. Going to be games where it doesn't quite click but when it does we're unstoppable. 

1 hour ago, Rafalove said:

What was the score when he did this? Ridiculous confidence to even attempt it, because if it doesn't come off, it'd look terrible :lol:

Fucking love Bruno soo much though, we're at Ben Arfa levels now and could go even higher. Just absolutely love his way of playing football, it's how I would want to be able to play if I had any sort of talent. 

2 hours ago, Nobody said:

What was the score when he did this? Ridiculous confidence to even attempt it, because if it doesn't come off, it'd look terrible :lol:

Fucking love Bruno soo much though, we're at Ben Arfa levels now and could go even higher. Just absolutely love his way of playing football, it's how I would want to be able to play if I had any sort of talent. 

He’s already way better than Ben Arfa.

7 hours ago, Nobody said:

I think it was 0-0. 

28 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

I really don't get this bollocks. 

Brentford’s penalty accounts for 0.76 of their xG. Can be an interesting stat but all that really tells us when taken in isolation, is that we created chances but scored more goals from lower percentage opportunities. Bruno’s goals will have been low xG and the own goal wouldn’t have counted for much if anything towards it. 

Can't comprehend or fully articulate the pride I have now in watching us play.

And it's not because we win 4-1, 5-1 or hold Man City to a draw. It's not the result. I was proud after losing 2-1 to Liverpool (after my anger subsided).

Because it's not the result that matters... It's having a club that tries. It's knowing that whatever XI Eddie currently picks, they're going out there aiming to win.

We attacked City. We attacked Liverpool. 

I'm in love with the club again.

Edited by BlazeT44

2 hours ago, The Butcher said:

I really don't get this bollocks. 

An own goal and two mistakes by Brentford sort of means we only really created two of the goals ourselves (Bruno's?).

6 minutes ago, hakka said:

An own goal and two mistakes by Brentford sort of means we only really created two of the goals ourselves (Bruno's?).

And nothing we did, all match, contributed hugely to the very pressurised Brentford defence mistakes then?

12 minutes ago, manorpark said:

And nothing we did, all match, contributed hugely to the very pressurised Brentford defence mistakes then?

I'm purely talking about why our XG was 2 when we scored 5. I am not digging our performance or effort. You can see my posts praising the game, players and performance all day yesterday. 

Edited by hakka