Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

Nah I'm not having that like, they've not spent a penny and kept it all for themselves. £86m on Antony, £64m on Casemiro, £50m on Martinez, £76m on Sancho, £36m on Varane, £35 on van de Beek, £80m on Maguire, £57m on Fernandes, £50m on Wan-Bissaka, £53m on Fred, £77m on Lukaku, £40m on Matic, £95m on Pogba, £38 on Mkhitaryan, £35m on Bailly, £54m on Martial, £32m on Schneiderlin, £30m on Depay, £67m on Di Maria.....can't be arsed with the rest.

16 minutes ago, STM said:

Apparently Man Utd have ran out of money or at least can't continue to spend at the rate they did in the summer.

That should be a red flag to fans because their rebuild is only at phase one. They will have to be very creative in the market.

I reckon we’re just a few months away from super league getting floated again.

Man U in the mud, Juve in the mud, Barca in the mud…

50 minutes ago, STM said:

Apparently Man Utd have ran out of money or at least can't continue to spend at the rate they did in the summer.

That should be a red flag to fans because their rebuild is only at phase one. They will have to be very creative in the market.

Where is that from ?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Where is that from ?

It was something mentioned on the fan debate Gary Neville does. Something along the lines of they can't continue their spending. It came from Richard Arnold, their CEO but I can't find any original quote. Make no mistake, they aren't hard up but the impression I got was that they need to start boxing smarter.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

It was something mentioned on the fan debate Gary Neville does. Something along the lines of they can't continue their spending. It came from Richard Arnold, their CEO but I can't find any original quote. Make no mistake, they aren't hard up but the impression I got was that they need to start boxing smarter.

Money or not they have needed to start boxing smarter ever since Ferguson left. So much money down the drain and almost all of it entirely foreseeable

2 hours ago, KDT said:

Nah I'm not having that like, they've not spent a penny and kept it all for themselves. £86m on Antony, £64m on Casemiro, £50m on Martinez, £76m on Sancho, £36m on Varane, £35 on van de Beek, £80m on Maguire, £57m on Fernandes, £50m on Wan-Bissaka, £53m on Fred, £77m on Lukaku, £40m on Matic, £95m on Pogba, £38 on Mkhitaryan, £35m on Bailly, £54m on Martial, £32m on Schneiderlin, £30m on Depay, £67m on Di Maria.....can't be arsed with the rest.

image.png.57a1fbdfc3bdf9c606fc50872a5b0fde.png

3 hours ago, STM said:

@Froggy

What do you think Man Utds line up will be?

Hard to say since we're playing tonight but probably:

De Gea

Dalot

Varane

Martinez

Shaw

Eriksen

Casemiro 

Bruno

Antony 

Ronaldo

Rashford

Lindelof in for Varane if he's not fit enough to start, and that would be huge for you. Varane is a beast. 

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Hard to say since we're playing tonight but probably:

De Gea

Dalot

Varane

Martinez

Shaw

Eriksen

Casemiro 

Bruno

Antony 

Ronaldo

Rashford

Lindelof in for Varane if he's not fit enough to start, and that would be huge for you. Varane is a beast. 

I'd say Antony, Eriksen and maybe casemiro would get into our first 11. Sounds crackers that though so probably wrong.

56 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'd say Antony, Eriksen and maybe casemiro would get into our first 11. Sounds crackers that though so probably wrong.

Would take Trippier, Guimaraes and ASM from you lot. Keep the rest. Maybe Botman as back up to Varane and The Butcher. Pope a decent #2 as well.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Would take Trippier, Guimaraes and ASM from you lot. Keep the rest. Maybe Botman as back up to Varane and The Butcher. Pope a decent #2 as well.

The absolute disrespect in not taking Jacob Murphy :huff: 

On a serious note, someone like Wilson (if his bandage stays on) would be great up front you guys, someone who works tirelessly and knows where the back of the net is.

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Wilson or Isak should Ronaldo fuck off in January? Probably early days for making a judgement on Isak, admittedly.

15 minutes ago, Froggy said:

After Sunday you’ll be wanting a few more, unfortunately where no longer a selling club though.

Edited by Whitley mag

13 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wilson or Isak should Ronaldo fuck off in January? Probably early days for making a judgement on Isak, admittedly.

Ronaldo is our third choice striker now like. :lol:

If Sancho wasn't rubbish last few games Ronaldo wouldn't be getting on even with Martial out injured. 

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

After Sunday you’ll be wanting a few more, unfortunately where no longer a selling club though.

Going to be a class game I think, but I'm quietly confident. Still think we have just that little bit of extra quality over you for now. 

In two years time we'll be 1st and 2nd. ;)

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Ronaldo is our third choice striker now like. :lol:

If Sancho wasn't rubbish last few games Ronaldo wouldn't be getting on even with Martial out injured. 

Was Sancho picking up a bit of form midway through last season or am I imagining that? :lol:

He's still only 22 but every time I've seen him he's never done owt.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was Sancho picking up a bit of form midway through last season or am I imagining that? :lol:

He's still only 22 but every time I've seen him he's never done owt.

Yeah played well towards the end of last season and start of this season as well but was pretty poor against Arsenal and woeful against City.  He'll start tonight and get a chance to find his stride again. 

I think ETH's preferred front 3 at the minute is Rashford, Martial and Antony. 

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Going to be a class game I think, but I'm quietly confident. Still think we have just that little bit of extra quality over you for now. 

In two years time we'll be 1st and 2nd. ;)

As a Man Utd fan, that's pretty much exactly where you should be. Think as well as we've played so far and as much confidence as I have in EH and his coaching and game strategy, this is a massive test for us and our progress. Could go either way but something like a 3-1 defeat wouldn't surprise me, especially if Guimaraes is out.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

As a Man Utd fan, that's pretty much exactly where you should be. Think as well as we've played so far and as much confidence as I have in EH and his coaching and game strategy, this is a massive test for us and our progress. Could go either way but something like a 3-1 defeat wouldn't surprise me, especially if Guimaraes is out.

Do you know something I don't? Is there any talk of Bruno being out or is this just based on him going off early last week?

Just now, TRon said:

Do you know something I don't? Is there any talk of Bruno being out or is this just based on him going off early last week?

His Mrs is due any day 

First time I’ve missed this fixture since 94-95 and having only seen one win during that period, I’m expecting a 9-0 away win with the most boisterous of away ends ever!

I’m sure I’ll enjoy the win just as much watching it in Benidorm though!