Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

3 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

They aren’t looking bad, just this other teams sitting back absorbing it all.

We’re going to shock the life out of them when we start the game with insanely high tempo.

This all day long, expecting us to cause them all sorts of bother 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Ideally you want an unconvincing win from them here. A draw or a loss and they'll be motivated to put it right. 

Already on their way. Half the game gone and Man Utd look edgy.

12 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Should be 0-1 down. An easy square ball and it's a tap in but he went for goal and missed. 

Man Utd look real suspect against counter attacks. 

We’ll do a high press but I also think we need to invite them on to us at times to counter them.

surely they could have a private helicopter on standby for Bruno.

fly him in on the moring of the game.

if she goes into labour , fly him straight back.

Edited by huss9

Celebrating like they won the cup because they just scored a goal line scramble in the 94th to beat Omonia 1 - 0 :lol: that was horrific to watch. Omonia defended well and Uzoho had a blinder, gutted for them because I thought they did enough for a point. Manure, for all their possession, passing and shots, looked toothless.

It will be a tough game on Sunday for sure but if they play like tonight we have a great chance.

Edited by Mattoon

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Anyone watching ? How do they look ?

Not sure what to make of it tbh. They were playing some really nice stuff to create chances, similar to how we did against 10 men against Fulham. How that will translate against us I'm not sure. They do still have some very good players, but against that we are not going to let them have the run of the park. I think a point apiece is probably a good shout, but I'll certainly accept a strategic win.

This from the Sky Sports prediction bloke, wasn't aware of this. Been reading all about our pressing the last week. :lol:

"One area they will be confident of finding joy from will be from set-pieces. No team has posted more shots (55, 14 more than any other team) and created a higher expected goals figure (5.01) from set-pieces this season than Newcastle. Meanwhile, Man Utd have conceded the third most shots from set-piece situations this season and looked all at sea in the closing stages at Goodison Park last weekend when Everton went direct."

Think it's a far harder game than a few people here are making out. They look disjointed but they're getting results, they're at home and have better individual match winners than we do. We'll need to want it more, win the tactical battles, and take our chances when they come.

The Brentford result was class but the scoreline flattered us based on open play. One was from a corner and two were forced howlers from them at the back because of our high press. We can't press that high away from home against much better teams or we'll get battered on the counter. 

I hope VAR behave but not expecting it.

4 hours ago, ohmelads said:

Think it's a far harder game than a few people here are making out. They look disjointed but they're getting results, they're at home and have better individual match winners than we do. We'll need to want it more, win the tactical battles, and take our chances when they come.

The Brentford result was class but the scoreline flattered us based on open play. One was from a corner and two were forced howlers from them at the back because of our high press. We can't press that high away from home against much better teams or we'll get battered on the counter. 

I hope VAR behave but not expecting it.

Agree with this. We have played well in basically all of our games this season. Brighton being the worst of the lot and Bournemouth not being great. Yet we didn’t lose either. 

This feels like the first game against a decent side. Where there is a bit of expectation there from the fans and media. As opposed to viewing it as a free hit or expecting fuck all. 

A draw here, beat Everton and then take some confidence into Spurs away. Where we got battered last year and looks a harder game than this one. Then I’d be happy. 

7 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

This from the Sky Sports prediction bloke, wasn't aware of this. Been reading all about our pressing the last week. :lol:

"One area they will be confident of finding joy from will be from set-pieces. No team has posted more shots (55, 14 more than any other team) and created a higher expected goals figure (5.01) from set-pieces this season than Newcastle. Meanwhile, Man Utd have conceded the third most shots from set-piece situations this season and looked all at sea in the closing stages at Goodison Park last weekend when Everton went direct."

Obviously the coaching and quality of delivery has improved massively this year. But we really are quite a physically imposing, tall and strong side. It certainly seems more noticeable live or when you see the box from a corner on TV. 

Start all the big lumps or tall fuckers. Just maybe not Lascelles and Wood :lol: 

Edited by Lush Vlad

This comment from red cafe below made me laugh and is a sign where now getting noticed. Would love it if we beat these Salford/Cockney cunts.

‘We have a duty to football to pummel these sports washers.

They need to be schooled by a real football club’