Newcastle United vs. Everton - 19/10/22 @ 7:30pm (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

I hope Gordon is sent off for diving at some point the little scrote that he is. Also hope Gueye finds out one of his teammates is gay pre-match the divvy knacker and Lampard's bald spot shines in Maupay's eyes and causes blindness during a shooting chance. Go hard, win big.

The amount of hubbub around how much we've improved is probably what makes the most nervous. :lol: Videos produced by popular analysis podcasts entitled "This is why Newcastle are amazing now" is not helpful. :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The ideal scenario is that we blow the doors off early and run into a comfortable lead so that we can take Wilson off relatively early. Unfortunately, I don't think there will be much in it at all.

We are lucky or style of play/philosophy is not to sit back in years gone by IF we did get an early goal it was squeaky bum hold on for the 90. 

As good as our performances have been and the metrics behind those performances, a defeat here would make it a fairly average start points wise.

The league is so congested and it hasn't started to take shape at the 10 game mark like it usually does.

Liverpool, Bournemouth and Brentford are arguably all in false positions.

Such a big game this one. A win and we have zero pressure going in to the spurs game. A defeat and Everton (predicted to be in a relegation battle) are only 2 points behind us.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

Best XI possible needs to be out for this one. Not only because its at home against Everton but because its the next game coming up. 

Talk of who should start against Spurs can wait until after we've won this game.

Yeah my general thoughts are:

We will dominate possession and territory

They will play with a low block

They will be tough to break down

Low scoring game

Mind you, I did predict a 3-4 ding dong against Man Utd, so what the fuck do I know.

I do feel like Coady, Tarkowski and Coleman aren't those most youthful so our press might hurt them.

We haven’t done very well when teams come here to defend this season, but we’ve missed Bruno and Wilson in most of those games so hopefully they’re enough to make the difference. 

The lack of creativity without ASM is always going to be a problem in these games. I personally like Bruno in the deeper role but I’d be tempted to play him further forward here.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

Low scoring game

Mind you, I did predict a 3-4 ding dong against Man Utd, so what the fuck do I know.

I do feel like Coady, Tarkowski and Coleman aren't those most youthful so our press might hurt them.

If we’re to get a result, we need to score early, if we’re not winning by half time we won’t win 

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Low scoring game

Shame ASM isn't available to go up against Coleman, I reckon that would've been somewhat one-sided. Atleast Murphy will have him for pace though, won't count for much if Evertone are planning in sitting deep all game though.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

If we’re to get a result, we need to score early, if we’re not winning by half time we won’t win 

Why not? Perfectly possible that we get a second half goal.

Don't know why but I've got a feeling we get a pen.

Fairly confident here.

Everton have only conceded one first half goal in four away games, so patience may be key. I expect something akin to the Palace game, which we did enough to win but it was wrongly taken away. Everton conceded much more in the second half than Palace. so just keep plugging away.

If we do score fairly early on, I'd expect us to go on to win comfortably.

Last time a team outside the Top 4 scored twice against us was Leicester away nearly a year ago. It'll happen someday, but there is nothing to suggest its going to be at SJP and that Everton tonight are going to do it.

Can't see Everton scoring. No one in that team worries me in the slightest.  Gordon is overrated, Gray is one dimensional, McNeil is one of the worst wingers I've seen live in the Prem and Maupay is just a short, French Chris Wood.

There is a reason they've scored the 3rd fewest goals in the league.

We need to take our chances, Wilson has to get back scoring in this surely. If we lose or draw, it'll all be on us not doing what we need to.

2 hours ago, LV said:

Honestly don’t get the negativity.

We’re the best we’ve been in years. 

We’ve just gone toe to toe with Man U in their own backyard, we matched City and Liverpool. But Everton at home is making people nervous??

I don't think it's negativity tbh, it's all about who will be on the pitch tonight. I would normally be really confident of this fixture, but a combination of them getting in a solid defensive spine, and us losing Maxi and Isak, leaves me a bit concerned we won't find a goal. I'm not worried about losing, but I would be pissed off if we didn't win.

15 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

We've been doing so well I dread losing 

:lol: That's the other thing. Most of the defeats this calendar year have felt like an enormous suckerpunch, too. Maybe the deciding goals - in half of those losses - coming in the 89th, 99th and 98th minutes has something to do with it. Absolutely dreading that feeling again. 

I needed peeling off the floor after that Liverpool one. Can't remember which time prior to that I felt quite so physically sick watching football.