Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

Much better second half of the first. Feels vital to get the 2nd goal as soon as possible to kill this. A few lovely combinations that could’ve been goals as well. J7 and Longy has been poor though and the less said about Murphy the better. Hopefully we’ll see Anderson and Willock for 25-30 mins. 

We deserve to be winning by virtue of the fact that we're showing significantly more intent to win the game than they are, but it's not been great.

Our poorer players are proving just that; maybe it's because I've up since 5am but Longstaff and Murphy have been frustrating me more than usual. They both just aren't good enough over a sustained period of games and are detrimental to the way we want to play. 

Lush goal from Almiron following a decent move.

In other news, I love how creative we are with our set pieces, and seeing repeated sequences of play that have been clearly worked on in training is fast becoming worthy of the "little things in life" thread.

Amazing play by Almiron, and Bruno unlucky not to get one.

Have to say though I hope we get some more players in January to push us on. Far too many attacks break down when it goes through the likes of Longstaff and Joelinton today. Murphy apart from a good effort has been a fullbacks dream once again.

Thought Everton were actually doing quite well in dragging us down to their level until the goal, but it's important that we got it relatively early and can hopefully control the 2nd half.

Joelinton is definitely off form, and must come off becaue of that yellow card.

Longstaff is so slow man. He can come off too if he can't speed things up.

Murphy has all the tools and had a nice cut in and shot, but always wants to do the most complex thing possible when the easy simple option is on. Was delighted when Callum shouted at him for not playing that ball first time. He needs to keep getting in his face about silly stuff like that. 

Edited by KaKa