Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

5 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s got shit Harry Kane vibes. Not particularly outstanding but likes to get a shot off early. Bit of a late blewmer perhaps too. 

I do sometimes think a lot of the 'good' strikers score a lot of goals by shooting early without much fuss  for goals that dont make the highlight reels. Helps if you're accurate mind.

Spurs playing with 1 central midfielder in a bit. Lovely levels of disrespect to Man Red. Should be a cracking game. Hope both teams lose heavily and the trains back to London are cancelled.

Just now, Tiresias said:

I do sometimes think a lot of the 'good' strikers score a lot of goals by shooting early without much fuss  for goals that dont make the highlight reels. Helps if you're accurate mind.

Palmer does this, but has other tricks in his repertoire. He’s extremely intelligent with his strikes and deadly accurate.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Spurs playing with 1 central midfielder in a bit. Lovely levels of disrespect to Man Red. Should be a cracking game. Hope both teams lose heavily and the trains back to London are cancelled.

"Ange" having a punch up with Son at half time for missing a few sitters would be golden as well

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

"Ange" having a punch up with Son at half time for missing a few sitters would be golden as well

He’s injured. But would still be funny if they managed to have a punch up. 

1 minute ago, samptime29 said:

Ipswich can stay up for sure. The games against Southampton, Wolves, Palace, Everton, Leicester are the keys to staying up. Especially at home.

I'd love to do some deep dive on clubs that 'just' stayed up and see where they got their points, was it really against their relegation rivals or is the clubs that get some more flukey results along the way. I do agree mind, got to actually get the points in the games where you have a chance to. I just remember my everton mate telling me in the allardyce season him telling the players he only cared about a set number of games and they were going to lose the rest, like jesus that can't be helpful. I just think don't make it easy for the opposition and try and do some unpredictable things in attack cos if you're really below lacking in quality going forward it's going to be miserable and demoralizing

2 hours ago, 54 said:

Villa will be interesting today, they have Bayern at home mid-week, which will likely be their biggest game in a generation, and then Man United next week. So this is the sort of game people are expecting them to falter in with their eyes placed elsewhere, and this game not having the alure of the other two. 

Results: Inconclusive. 

Deserved. Morsy could have had 3-4 yellows :lol: but he is actually pretty good in that deep role, minus some of the brain dead fouls. Gets on the ball a lot and happy to have it under pressure. Davis the left back always impresses. As does Delap.