Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Neville said he doesn’t watch much footbal outside of his clubs and work and it shows in his analysis these days. 

If we’re in the mood, we’ll outrun, pace, power, work rate, energy mosy teams in the league. And with Bruno and Isak we have some real quality in the final third with ASM. We’ve played at least 20 games this season in that manner.  That midfield 3 Man U started doesn’t have the legs or work rate to keep up with us. Fred should’ve started.  

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Neville said he doesn’t watch much footbal outside of his clubs and work and it shows in his analysis these days. 

If we’re in the mood, we’ll outrun, pace, power, work rate, energy mosy teams in the league. And with Bruno and Isak we have some real quality in the final third with ASM. We’ve played at least 20 games this season in that manner.  That midfield 3 Man U started doesn’t have the legs or work rate to keep up with us. Fred should’ve started.  

Yup, he also genuinely looks down on the average match going/TV watching fan. There was a quiz during lockdown between him and Carragher and anytime Neville got something wrong he'd be like "Who could possibly know that?" and "I have a life, I don't care about these things". Think he's just in it for the money, media attention and to get Salford more notoriety. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the first time he saw Joe Willock play.

Compare that to Carragher who said he'd go home and watch La Liga after his Liverpool duties were completed for the week. Carragher truly loves the game where as Neville is in it for the connections and networking. 

58 minutes ago, Paullow said:

You can tell the big wigs at Sky have blatantly briefed their employees about the whole 'United' thing. All this United vs United in the League Cup build up, and pretty much the same advert before the recent match. Neville there saying 'United' then quickly said 'Manchester United', and made sure he said 'Newcastle United' as quickly as he could :lol:.

3 of the League Cup matches had to be, but West Ham will be our 16th match in 2023 (11 league, 4 LC, 1 FAC) and every single one of them have been on TV (14 Sky, 1 BT, 1 BBC). Brentford on Saturday will be the first one that isn't, but the 3 after that Villa (BT), Spurs (Sky), Everton (BT) will be televised, so that will be 19 out of 20 :kasper:.

You can guarantee Leeds (a) will be on too. Unsure about the Leicester game, depends on how top 4 and their relegation battle is but if it is on as well we won't have had a home Saturday 3pm game since Leeds on NYE. :lol:

This season's premier league has been so entertaining. Looking like there is loads to play for. City and Arsenal going for the title, us Man United and Spurs for the champions league, the relegation battle with so many teams close to one another. 

Us not being in the relegation battle obviously helps but this season all round has been class so far.

Aye, the season usually goes out with a little whimper, the title is usually wrapped up, so are the top 4 places, usually top 6, and there is usually only 1 relegation slot up for grabs with an overwhelming favourite.

I know that there is still between 9-12 games to play, depending on the team, but it does look like a lot of stuff will be up for grabs either on the final day, or close to it.

5 hours ago, Kanji said:

Harry Kane is fucking disgrace. Just saw this back. What a piss take. 

He gets away with this shite every week. He's a media darling. Gets away with nasty tackles and being a cunt all the time.

7 hours ago, madras said:

I don't even think many neutrals would have looked at Man Utds XI, particularly the middle 2 and not think it looked quite weak.

I think a lot of people on here are just making stuff up because of how Gary Neville is getting on. Most people I know who support us expected to lose or at best draw on Sunday because of the midfield. Everybody knew it was weak. We had our most energetic midfielder on the bench as well. McTominay and Sabitzer was a pretty strange decision. I'm unsure what Fred was done wrong to be sitting on the bench lately as he's probably had his best season for us so far.

Kane's reaction last night was laughable - yeah he was hit in the face (not exactly a punch or even a slap), but he falls to the ground like he's been belted by Tyson Fury.

It's a sad sign of the times in football. Men's game is plagued by prima-donna fannies.

I gather that I'm in the minority on here but I think Kane's absolutely mint and I factor his snide nature into that conclusion. He's an exceptional striker, a proper shithouse and incredibly reliable for England. I'd be sad if he pinched Shearer's record obviously but if it were to happen, you couldn't argue with it; the guy is an absolute goal machine but offers so much away from the box too.

Kane is one of the worst divers in the league. Always has been.

And a dirty tackler himself. 

He’s a great player otherwise but I’ll never have any affection for him. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

I think a lot of people on here are just making stuff up because of how Gary Neville is getting on. Most people I know who support us expected to lose or at best draw on Sunday because of the midfield. Everybody knew it was weak. We had our most energetic midfielder on the bench as well. McTominay and Sabitzer was a pretty strange decision. I'm unsure what Fred was done wrong to be sitting on the bench lately as he's probably had his best season for us so far.

My best pal is a red mancunian, his pre-game prediction was "we've got no midfield, you'll win"

Imagine if when Roy Keane threw his limp-wristed slap at Shearer he threw himself on the ground as if he'd been KO'd. I can't get over the mentality tbh, it's so embarrassing but also clearly ingrained in the sport at this point.

5 hours ago, Big Geordie said:

Kane's reaction last night was laughable - yeah he was hit in the face (not exactly a punch or even a slap), but he falls to the ground like he's been belted by Tyson Fury.

It's a sad sign of the times in football. Men's game is plagued by prima-donna fannies.

Also stops and then falls in the opposite direction from how he got hit, a classic "oh shit, I'd better go down" moment. Very Hugo Lloris actually :lol:

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I gather that I'm in the minority on here but I think Kane's absolutely mint and I factor his snide nature into that conclusion. He's an exceptional striker, a proper shithouse and incredibly reliable for England. I'd be sad if he pinched Shearer's record obviously but if it were to happen, you couldn't argue with it; the guy is an absolute goal machine but offers so much away from the box too.

A very good player with different attributes but don't think he's ever been in the same league as prime Shearer. Shearer was in some really poor Newcastle teams and had major injuries. Like Kane he deserved to have won much more, but Kane's generally been in a consistently strong 'top 6' team.

Edited by ohmelads

1 hour ago, ohmelads said:

A very good player with different attributes but don't think he's ever been in the same league as prime Shearer. Shearer was in some really poor Newcastle teams and had major injuries. Like Kane he deserved to have won much more, but Kane's generally been in a consistently strong 'top 6' team.

This current Spurs team is absolute shite apart from Kane mind.

4 hours ago, Kimbo said:

Imagine if when Roy Keane threw his limp-wristed slap at Shearer he threw himself on the ground as if he'd been KO'd. I can't get over the mentality tbh, it's so embarrassing but also clearly ingrained in the sport at this point.

This is it for me. I’m not sure I have seen big Haaland fall over like that? I hope he never does that shit. It’s so fucking small time. 

Yeah Kane is an elite striker but he can get absolutely fucked for that type of antics on the pitch.