Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Football fans are crazy man. :lol:

Liverpool last season were being hailed as arguably the greatest ever PL team. 92 points in the league, missing out by a point. Narrowly beaten in CL final. Won the other two cups they were in. 

Chelsea have just got new owners and signed a new manager. So harsh to say they've no plan as well. Give Potter time. 

As for us being toxic, you mean Ronaldo? Probably the most together the team has been for a while. 

I'm not talking about Ronaldo, its been endemic for years.  You actually look alright this season.  You have as healthy a budget as anyone, spend as much as anyone, appoint managers that have done well elsewhere most of the time and you are still a million miles away from winning the league despite being the most successful club in the Premier League era.  You don't sign the right players.  Casemiro scored tonight but that money for a 30 year old?  Something isn't right.

Edited by relámpago blanco

19 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'm not talking about Ronaldo, its been endemic for years.  You actually look alright this season.  You have as healthy a budget as anyone, spend as much as anyone, appoint managers that have done well elsewhere most of the time and you are still a million miles away from winning the league despite being the most successful club in the Premier League era.  You don't sign the right players.  Casemiro scored tonight but that money for a 30 year old?  Something isn't right.

Their current manager has been there for 11 league games, has handled the Ronaldo drama really well and the team looks more motivated than in ages despite a horrible start to the season. Something hasn't been right for a decade now but posts like these seem a bit pointless right now.

MOTD talking up Calvert-Lewin for  England Squad after his 2nd game back from injury, as well as both Cody and Tarkowski for the squad.

Yet never any mention of Burn, and not too much clamour for Wilson either. 

We can argue whether we really want them to go, but still, seems unless they are already part of the squad (Tripps and Pope) then no more of our players are talked up for England, regardless how well we or they are doing.

9 hours ago, Froggy said:

He absolutely loves Ronaldo. :lol: he'd defend him if he took a shit on top of Ten Hags car. 

“All the players are doing it these days, so what, take it down the car wash, five minutes and you’ve got your car back good as new.”

21 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

This is the thing about Cronaldo going to Chelsea? First Aubameyang and now Ronaldo. They’re all about character at Stamford Bridge.

At “the bridge” I think you’ll find - Peter Drury

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

Keane embarrassing himself again

Love Keane as a pundit but dear me that’s embarrassing. Might be projecting a bit after the way Ferguson ended his career at Man Utd too.

Christ, they may be down to 10, but Cardiff got away with an absolute nailed on pen. Defender blatantly punched the ball away :lol:. Shocking.

I think I'll switch over to Watford vs Luton (red button) the moment Swansea score, as it's still quite intriguing at the moment.

Mind, it really is a proper budget this Sky red button service. One commentator, no replays. Think there's literally  only one camera as well.

Watford 2 up on Luton, so that's probably game over as contest as well.